The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Watching the weather!  (Read 2459 times)

Offline FishingWorcester4life

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Watching the weather!
« Reply #30 on: Jan 20, 2016, 08:47 AM »
I sure hope Massatusetts doesnt get hit.
Fishing....A jerk on one end and a jerk on the other.

Offline capt.shay

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike and 'Eyes
« Reply #31 on: Jan 20, 2016, 12:38 PM »
She'e hanging a right and heading south!!!!  Looking better and better for the weekend!

The father son thing makes me think it might have been Charley (MoreTroutPlease).

"I will never stop targeting trophies, every skunk is one skunk closer to a giant "  RC

"We're going to sit around the shanty mama...."  Johnathan Edwards

"If you are going out there to figure it all out by yourself, well, ice has a
 learning curve second only to fire. I wish you the best of luck."    Looneyducer

Offline lenz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 'Ice Only' Fisherman
« Reply #32 on: Jan 20, 2016, 01:42 PM »
an update from my brother..amounts look to be going down above RT 2..i'll be out Saturday

"I looked at some of the forecasts for this storm that will be developing over the southeast and moving up the coast this weekend.  Right now, it looks like Leominster could be on the northern edge of the snow band, which would put you in a lighter accumulation of 2-4" or 3-6" with the heavier amounts more from Connecticut and Rhode Island through the cape.  Still looks like a major snow for DC through NYC.  Will look at it again next day or two. "

burp
Member of G.O.D.S

One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all

Offline capedeer/fish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Jan 20, 2016, 02:40 PM »
If the weatherman cant predict it......... we cant either...... I currently see 4 TOTALLY different predictions for the cape.....all current.......from  3-6   to  2 feet plus......someones right.......they might get a raise!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dschofield91

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Have an Ice day!
« Reply #35 on: Jan 20, 2016, 03:53 PM »
Forecast is looking better and better for us. If Mass gets anything it looks like Southwest (Cape area) getting around 2".

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #36 on: Jan 20, 2016, 05:14 PM »
Forecast is looking better and better for us. If Mass gets anything it looks like Southwest (Cape area) getting around 2".
loving the downgrade!

Offline SkunkLuvver

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Jan 20, 2016, 05:17 PM »
This guy seems to know what hes talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8L2hObp5kA

I get the feeling he talks that way all the time….   thats a quality link right there.

Offline Mark Barlow

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Jan 20, 2016, 06:38 PM »
Saw you set up on your spot today Keith I drove by at 2 20 pm wanted to stop and say hi but i had to get to Springfield and back home by 4 30
Love those slab crappie, jumbo perch, and always love those bull sunfish. A.F.& A.M.

Offline sangell

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Jan 20, 2016, 07:14 PM »
Looks like I finally got fishable ice in my parts, heading out Friday, and over buying on the bait to fish first light on Saturday as the front approaches. Can't wait, not a meteorologist or anything but some of my best days / times have been with a low pressure front is inbound.

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #40 on: Jan 20, 2016, 07:16 PM »
Saw you set up on your spot today Keith I drove by at 2 20 pm wanted to stop and say hi but i had to get to Springfield and back home by 4 30
Ah too bad you didn't have time, great day today. We will fish soon 👍

Offline slimeypete

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Jan 21, 2016, 07:58 AM »
whats everyones thoughts on saturday? im seeing that we wont be getting much snow until the late afternoon on saturday, im planning on atleast getting out there for a few hours around worcester before or if we get "hit"
Eat, sleep, and Fish = A Happy Life

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Jan 21, 2016, 08:02 AM »
I just checked weather.com and it says we aren't getting any snow.  I think the weathermen have been smoking that stuff Chandler Jones got into the other weekend.
westernmas on the finder

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #43 on: Jan 21, 2016, 08:02 AM »
whats everyones thoughts on saturday? im seeing that we wont be getting much snow until the late afternoon on saturday, im planning on atleast getting out there for a few hours around worcester before or if we get "hit"

Predictions are literally changing by the hour at this point. Saturday looks like the colder and windier of the two days. Sunday looks to be a little warmer with slightly less wind, but will see some snow.
Official Member of The G.I.T.s, Gods In Training 1/2014
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

Offline ctownfisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #44 on: Jan 21, 2016, 08:15 AM »
Hmm fish windy day with impending massive L thus far the biggest low pressure we have seen this winter. Or sunnier less windy day after the front passes. See you all this weekend. Be safe and let the flags fly....

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #45 on: Jan 21, 2016, 08:36 AM »
Hmm fish windy day with impending massive L thus far the biggest low pressure we have seen this winter. Or sunnier less windy day after the front passes. See you all this weekend. Be safe and let the flags fly....

Depends on what your after!

Offline slimeypete

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Jan 21, 2016, 08:54 AM »
low pressure system on saturday during the morning and daytime saturday= good fishing correct? Im not too informed on the finer workings of barometric pressure on fishing
Eat, sleep, and Fish = A Happy Life

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #47 on: Jan 21, 2016, 10:49 AM »
Dave,  easy choice BOTH days I'll be out 😆

Offline sangell

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Jan 21, 2016, 06:27 PM »
Always like the inbound heavy Low here for sure. I'll be out first light on Saturday after setting up tomorrow afternoon and hopefully sending a pic or two before happy hour  :)

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #49 on: Jan 22, 2016, 07:55 PM »
Looks like we are dodging a bullet this time. Altho 20deg temps and 30mph gusts on Saturday will be interesting lol
Official Member of The G.I.T.s, Gods In Training 1/2014
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.