Author Topic: MIA  (Read 2261 times)

Offline bgriffis17

• Team IceShanty Addict
MIA
« on: Jan 09, 2016, 11:18 AM »
Must be a cell phone black hole around Webster SD. haven't head a pep out of Jigmup  and them boy's have no idea were to send the bail money, we are out on the road this Friday the 15Th eather Webster or lacrosse on the backwaters :icefish:
fishing is hard can I go home now

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: MIA
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2016, 02:08 PM »
Absolute horrendous trip to this point. Can't even begin to describe the crap that we have been through! Scrap'd a nice mess of walleye's on day one but every thing up to and after that has been a mess!
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Offline wallin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2016, 09:41 PM »
Be safe guys, hope things get better.
Tom

Offline first sergeant

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Suck it up and drive on troop
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2016, 08:51 AM »
Walking on Water  be blessed and enjoy.  It will get better I am sure you know how to make it all come together. 
Prov.27:17 As iron sharpens iron ,so one man sharpens another.

Offline bret

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • approaching "Grumpy Old Man" age
« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2016, 12:33 PM »
It was good to hear from you. & Glad you're OK.  Hope things come together and you  get on some fish.
Never Judge A Day By The Weather.
YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCloEWXfcjMRYo9J6qOLtggQ

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2016, 12:56 PM »
in this order:
5 hours driving through white out squalls.
2 hours of ice
Quad goes down
Broken axle on trailer
4x4 goes out in F250
flat tire in -13°F

Fish? Slow! Everyone (including locals) struggling. Managed enough eye's for a hefty meal for 3 and a few mediocre perch Fri. eve and Sat.

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2016, 12:57 PM »
the only trip I wish I never did.

Offline High Tide

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2016, 01:49 PM »
in this order:
2 hours of ice
Quad goes down
Broken axle on trailer
4x4 goes out in F250
flat tire in -13°F

Fish? Slow! Everyone (including locals) struggling. Managed enough eye's for a hefty meal for 3 and a few mediocre perch Fri. eve and Sat.
Damn bro! Sounds like many a road trip on the tournament trail, unfortunately. Road trips can be fun, but the can also be very expensive and dangerous. With that being said, I know for a fact you'll be on another ASAP! This one will just make you appreciate the good ones in years to come!
I wish I was good at ice fishing!

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 11, 2016, 03:22 PM »
in this order:
2 hours of ice
Quad goes down
Broken axle on trailer
4x4 goes out in F250
flat tire in -13°F

Wow that sucks....think of it this way.  You got about 5 years of bad luck all out of your system in one trip!!! 

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 11, 2016, 03:45 PM »
There is a bright side to the story.
When we broke the axle on the trailer, we had just rounded a corner and a guy in a pickup truck let us pass him. IceDogg looked in the side view mirror (what bit of mirror there was) and noticed the severe tow out of the tire and at the same time the driver of the pickup flashed his brights at us. I got out looked it over and then exclaimed that we were truly fubar'd!

We tried to ratchet strap it back together for a temporary fix just to get us off the road but another fail! While this was all taking place the guy in the pickup truck is on the phone and when we gave up he says to us That we need to get it 2 miles due south to his brothers house. He tells me to ride the quad 2 miles west, 2 miles south and 2 miles east and I will be at his brothers farm house. He informed us that his brother was on his way with a front loader and that he would get the trailer to his house. I limped the quad at idle speed (thats all she would do) appx 5.5 miles when a front loader with a grappled 5x8 trailer passed me. I had broke down but jumped back on the quad and she miraculously fired up. Dogg and Durb followed behind me to make sure I got there. When I arrived on scene the brothers had the trailer inside the workshop and then all 3 of our jaws dropped. These awesome dudes fired up impacts, torches and welders. They made parts, they did things that would take me days to just figure out where to start and about 3 hours later we were fixed.

When I asked, "how much do I owe you",...one of them said...nothing! Yeah right I said...I aint leaving until I pay you. We settled for what was embarrassing to tell you the truth! I would have paid double without hesitation but these guys just wanted to help in my honest opinion. I've said it before but I will say it again, Dakota folk are the friendliest BEST people I've ever ran across!

Offline bgriffis17

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 11, 2016, 03:47 PM »
And to think how bad it felt to have turned down that trip so I could make my prior commitment's, sorry Marc but good to have you all back home safe. GRIFF
fishing is hard can I go home now

Offline stephen20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 11, 2016, 05:11 PM »
If nothing else u got a heck of a story out of the trip! And it's probably one u won't ever forget. Sometimes that's what it's all about... Good friends and good stories. Or at least that's what I tell myself.

Offline bret

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • approaching "Grumpy Old Man" age
« Reply #12 on: Jan 11, 2016, 05:32 PM »
Wow....some serious bad luck!!!  Then you run into some great people that literally saved you!!! 

Never Judge A Day By The Weather.
YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCloEWXfcjMRYo9J6qOLtggQ

Offline Greg2ha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pollock $1.49 a pound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #13 on: Jan 11, 2016, 08:08 PM »
There is a bright side to the story.
When we broke the axle on the trailer, we had just rounded a corner and a guy in a pickup truck let us pass him. IceDogg looked in the side view mirror (what bit of mirror there was) and noticed the severe tow out of the tire and at the same time the driver of the pickup flashed his brights at us. I got out looked it over and then exclaimed that we were truly fubar'd!

We tried to ratchet strap it back together for a temporary fix just to get us off the road but another fail! While this was all taking place the guy in the pickup truck is on the phone and when we gave up he says to us That we need to get it 2 miles due south to his brothers house. He tells me to ride the quad 2 miles west, 2 miles south and 2 miles east and I will be at his brothers farm house. He informed us that his brother was on his way with a front loader and that he would get the trailer to his house. I limped the quad at idle speed (thats all she would do) appx 5.5 miles when a front loader with a grappled 5x8 trailer passed me. I had broke down but jumped back on the quad and she miraculously fired up. Dogg and Durb followed behind me to make sure I got there. When I arrived on scene the brothers had the trailer inside the workshop and then all 3 of our jaws dropped. These awesome dudes fired up impacts, torches and welders. They made parts, they did things that would take me days to just figure out where to start and about 3 hours later we were fixed.

When I asked, "how much do I owe you",...one of them said...nothing! Yeah right I said...I aint leaving until I pay you. We settled for what was embarrassing to tell you the truth! I would have paid double without hesitation but these guys just wanted to help in my honest opinion. I've said it before but I will say it again, Dakota folk are the friendliest BEST people I've ever ran across!
That's awesome! score one for the northern boys! just wish you didn't have all of these issues instead of maybe one.
Fish on!

Offline wallin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 11, 2016, 08:39 PM »
Sounds like a great trip with some friends for life, well worth the trip.  ;D
Tom

Offline bubbagill

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Marking Reds, Catching Greens.
« Reply #15 on: Jan 11, 2016, 08:49 PM »
Holy hell what an ordeal lol.  Glad you preserved.   Really cool of those dudes to be so helpful.
Marking Reds, catching Greens.
HOLY COW.  Go Cubs Go.

Offline tightliner812

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Jan 11, 2016, 09:40 PM »
Wow sounds like you guys had quite the adventure. Glad to here you got fixed up and back safe

Offline tater140

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Jan 12, 2016, 07:13 AM »
Sorry to hear about the tough trip.  Those are the ones you don't forget though.

Offline miamimiller

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 12, 2016, 08:13 AM »
I'd blame Brad : ) Have fun on your trip Brad one of these days I wanna go,maybe we can even get Boggs out .

Offline teardrop

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Jan 12, 2016, 01:11 PM »
Your right about the South Dakota people, just nice people!

Offline ice-dogg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Jan 12, 2016, 03:50 PM »
I believe this was filmed last week while we were in the area.
&index=9
Found out a day late on that bite.

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Jan 12, 2016, 04:17 PM »
Didn't he hire a guide though?

Offline ice-dogg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Jan 12, 2016, 04:27 PM »
I think that's what we were told.

Offline marmooskapaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Jan 12, 2016, 10:42 PM »
Holy  mackerel...I think I would gve a Shout Out to the South Dakota...ice shanty site..on here.I would have gave up and came home...or died along the way.

Paul

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.