The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Lake St Catherine  (Read 2139 times)

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Lake St Catherine
« on: Jan 08, 2016, 10:49 AM »
Hi, i am new to IS and live near the vermont border. i have camped at Lake St Catherine in the summer but have never fished it. What species are in there and is there public access to the lake?

Offline miknvt

• IceShanty Rookie
  • How are they biting
Re: Lake St Catherine
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2016, 11:09 AM »
There are brown trout, bass, smelt , pan fish , pike that I am aware of. Only fished it a couple time myself.  ;)
There ain't no fish in this frogpond

Offline peteinvermont

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2016, 12:08 PM »
Its a great place to fish for many different species.  You can get onto the lake on the State Park beach.  Be carefull turning north from there though, the brook runs in and often times pressure cracks form there too.

Offline massbass

• IceShanty Rookie
  • blaze orange all day
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2016, 02:50 PM »
My grand parents had a house on the lake from 1988 to this past April where the sold their house. I spend my entire life every summer fishing there, I'm 25. They have pike, my cousin pulled in a 40 inch beast 2 years ago in August, rainbow trout (grandfather had 7 pounder on his wall), brown trout (I've heard stories of people catching monster brownies through the ice), I think lake trout, Largemouth bass and small mouth, perch, rock bass, perch, and sunfish. The lake has special regulations, you technically can't fish for bass until March I believe, so you have to say your fishing for trout or pike. Look it up in the fish and game website . Good luck

Offline peteinvermont

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2016, 03:30 PM »
I'm headed there in the morning.  I'll put up an ice report later in the day.  Other than maybe the little lake in Wells, or possibly the lily pond, I have my doubts any of it is safe at this point.

Offline peteinvermont

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2016, 07:01 AM »
I drove by but didni't even stop.  The lily pond is froze with guys fishing, and the bay looked like I should have checked it, but my boy was looking for trout waters so we moved on.  I'll check next week too.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.