The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Where to go?????????  (Read 2014 times)

Offline minnesotaboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Where to go?????????
« on: Jan 24, 2006, 10:14 AM »
Ok guys I need some help (and pitty). I am from Mn. and now live in Columbus,OH. I went out this year in Dec (we had 5" of ice) and bought some "little ice stuff" for Ohio. Since then we have had 35 + degrees everyday. Needless to say NO ICE!

I make a "pilgrimage" back home every year to fish w/ a buddy in Mn. We usually fish Upper Red, but this year I only have 48hrs and do not want to spend 9hrs on the road.

I have also fished Mille Lacs, Tonka, Buffalo, Prior, Winnie, L.O.W., MANY MANY OTHERS.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE SOME GOOD INFO ON A LOCAL LAKE (AROUND MPLS) OR A COUPLE OF HOURS AWAY?????????????????????

Offline Desperado

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • . . . . . . Happy Trails . . . .. Des .. IBOT #328
Re: Where to go?????????
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2006, 10:44 AM »
Mille Lacs
hour and a half from MPLS

fish in 32 to 34 feet of water, 50 to 150 yards out from the edge of the nearest structure
Have YOU Clamped YET ?

Offline crappie rob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2006, 10:46 AM »
Minnesotaboy, Lake Osakis. Usually good in February!!! Stop by and pick me up on your way. C-ya. Crappie Rob
Lets Go Cubs. Bring on the baseball season!!!

Offline minnesotaboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2006, 10:57 AM »
Thanks guys that is helpful. Most of my "ice experience" is on Mille Lacs. I have stayed away for the last couple of years due to the slot limit. However i hear things are better than they have been. I use to go out of the east side and sometimes out of Isle. Are there any "hot spots" or better areas than others?

Offline LSF

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2006, 08:38 PM »
To the guy that is looking for a place to go out of:
Pete Brook rents a 5 hole 2 man deluxe Ice Castle. He will set it up anywhere on the north or west side for you. It has lights, stove, oven, table, and bunk bed. Its a very nice house. Good rates. I know him personally. Call Pete at 218-820-3896

And is Mille Lacs doing good this year? Umm.. Yah! All  big ones went back into the lake.

(Pete Brook)

(Me)

(Jeff)

Here's a fat 25" Mille Lacs eye, pic is a bit blurry

A nice meal of eyes

Mike Potter

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2006, 07:23 PM »
Check out the metro report thread.  A few good reports in there.  Also, go to outdoornews.com and go to the hunting/fishing report.  They're usually perty good

Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off.

Offline minnesotaboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 26, 2006, 07:46 AM »
Thanks LSF for the info. My buddy and I have A sleeper tow behind and 3 portables so we are set there. I think I may check out Lake Osakis and Mille Lacs. Crappie Rob says Osakis is a good lake and I have never fished it so we'll see what happens. Hopefully I'll have some pictures to post around Feb. 20th! ;) :tipup:

Offline minnesotaboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 26, 2006, 07:51 AM »
Oh yea thanks fishuhalik I forgot about that web site. Good stuff!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.