Author Topic: Ice fishing vacation  (Read 1178 times)

Offline Glowjigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
Ice fishing vacation
« on: Dec 25, 2015, 12:48 AM »
Hello everyone. I am looking for a place for my significant other and I to take an ice fishing trip within reasonable drive from north central Washington.  She really enjoys ice fishing but doesn't like to fish all day everyday like I do so it would need to be in an area with more to do than fish. Kalispell Montana seems like it would be a pretty fun city with lots of lakes nearby. I have been searching through the site but it looks like most of the larger lakes in the area will not be frozen. We are hoping to make the trip sometime mid January. Are any of the smaller lakes good fishing? Any information on this area would be greatly appreciated. Also any other ideas on places from fish/vacation within a 10-12 hour drive from north central washington either a different place in Montana or someplace in Idaho would be welcome. We both have our passports also so maybe even British Columbia or Alberta.

Thanks

Offline Madplumber

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Catch & Release
Re: Ice fishing vacation
« Reply #1 on: Dec 25, 2015, 04:34 PM »
West yellowstone and fish hedgman lake then you can also hang out in park or go shopping

Offline dekatronic

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2015, 01:37 AM »
If you're reasonably close to the Canadian border you might consider making a trip up to The Okanagan valley in British Columbia. There are lakes near the towns of Oliver and Penticton which are within an hours drive of the border, plus you will happen to be in the middle of Canada's best wine region where there are plenty of wineries and other points of interest. Feel free to shoot me a pm if you have any questions and I'll certainly be glad to help you out. I live close to Penticton so can provide some local info

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #3 on: Dec 27, 2015, 06:30 PM »
Hello everyone. I am looking for a place for my significant other and I to take an ice fishing trip within reasonable drive from north central Washington.  She really enjoys ice fishing but doesn't like to fish all day everyday like I do so it would need to be in an area with more to do than fish. Kalispell Montana seems like it would be a pretty fun city with lots of lakes nearby. I have been searching through the site but it looks like most of the larger lakes in the area will not be frozen. We are hoping to make the trip sometime mid January. Are any of the smaller lakes good fishing? Any information on this area would be greatly appreciated. Also any other ideas on places from fish/vacation within a 10-12 hour drive from north central washington either a different place in Montana or someplace in Idaho would be welcome. We both have our passports also so maybe even British Columbia or Alberta.

Thanks

Glowjigger, PM me...if you have seen any of the TGO shows about Kalispell...I'm the guy who takes him...I'll steer you right...

Mike
If I\'m not fishing, I\'m probably thinking about fishing...And if I\'m thinking about fishing, I\'m probably not getting much else done so, I might as well go fishing...Yeah, I just said that!

Offline Glowjigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 28, 2015, 12:06 AM »
Thanks for the responses everyone! PM's sent.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.