The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: 5" Strikemaster power auger  (Read 899 times)

Offline WolfPack1

• Team IceShanty Regular
5" Strikemaster power auger
« on: Dec 18, 2015, 12:02 PM »
I just recently picked up one of these, got it because I've never seen one before. Anyone ever see or hear of one? It's a 5", but bolts right up to my Strikemaster Honda Lite. Never knew they made one.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 5" Strikemaster power auger
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2015, 12:28 PM »
That sounds wicked good send me a pic of this setup if you can please

Offline WolfPack1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2015, 11:56 PM »
I tried it on tonight. Looks and works great! I'd say it takes a few pounds off at least. Feels like it's under 20lbs now. Can't wait to try it out!
Sitting next to the 8" for comparison

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 20, 2015, 12:43 AM »
all the strike master augers can be switched out if you choose too. they come in 5,6,7,8 and 10 inch models. they also made a 9 inch at one time. the new this year strike master lite series of augers  is offered in a 6 inch lazer model and a 8 inch chipper model. they both use a 1.5 HP solo motor. the lazer version will run about $379.99 and the chipper version will run around $329.99. they will weigh in about 21 pounds for the lazer model and 24 pounds for the chipper model. this is not the honda 4 stroke thou. the honda is only sold with a 8 or 10 inch auger. okay I just re read our post, I take it your honda came with the 8 inch but you just found the 5 inch power auger to replace your 8 inch. if that is the case then just to let you know they have always had these you just don't hear about them much. Reed's has all sizes for sale in their catalog. I am thinking of ordering a 6 inch for my auger.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 15, 2016, 07:52 PM »
Thanks looks like a winner

Offline huntneiowa

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 15, 2016, 09:03 PM »
Looks great. Couple weeks ago I picked up the chipper lite. Thing runs like a top has plenty of power to turn the 8inch but chipper is slow cutting will have to look into the 5inch laser auger.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.