Author Topic: Inserting windows in a Clam flipover?  (Read 666 times)

Offline St. Lawrence River Guy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Inserting windows in a Clam flipover?
« on: Dec 14, 2015, 02:38 PM »
I have a 1 man clam flipover that I'd like to modify.  Ideally there would be some windows at or near head height for me to watch my tip-ups while jigging.  However I don't see any on this model.

A) If anyone has seen a mod that would allow me to put windows in the canvas I'd appreciate a link.

B) Do you think it would be better off sewing in a plastic window or sewing velcro to the canvas and then putting velcro on the plastic with glue?

Thanks.

Looking to do something while the temps hover in the high 50's here....

Offline beeverfishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Inserting windows in a Clam flipover?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2015, 03:21 PM »
Don't see why it couldn't be done..   I'd suggest going with the velcro.   

Check out sailrite.com.  They have some videos that may help you.  http://www.sailrite.com/How-To-Instructions-Videos#!How-To-Instructions-Videos

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Dec 14, 2015, 03:36 PM »
Velcro ...I would order some replacement windows with the Velcro already attached

http://www.geteskimo.com/search?Q=replacement+window&As=false&Cid=0&Isc=false&Pf=&Pt=&Sid=false
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline St. Lawrence River Guy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 14, 2015, 11:09 PM »
Bingo - Thanks a ton Hardwater, those would work beautifully.  I figure we'll have another 2-3 weeks before any ice at the best case scenario so it give me a little time to do some modification to the flip over.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.