New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: The NY BRAGIN TOURNEY  (Read 2079 times)

Offline deadsmelthead

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Length 47 3/4 " Girth 24" NY Northern Pike
The NY BRAGIN TOURNEY
« on: Dec 12, 2015, 10:12 AM »
Im posting this cause FishNAdventures is contemplating squashing the NY bragging tourney after this season, If we even have a season this year that is :(

Anyway its just a friendly competition for the NY state forum members, and we should all get in on it, this is one of the most active boards on here one would think there would be more than a half dozen people participating... Just sayin...lol
TeamNumbnutts on youtube ... Subscribe !
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=teamnumbnutts&sm=3

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: The NY BRAGIN TOURNEY
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2015, 10:38 AM »
Perhaps I should compete, I am the founder of the tourny after all lol. Fish N Adventures has done a great job with it. I will compete this year.

Whos with us?

Offline NatefishNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2015, 10:40 AM »
I'm in
            P.E.T.A. = People Eating Tasty Animals

Offline Fish-N-Adventures

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish on!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2015, 11:45 AM »
I'm not swashing it, your fellow NY'ers are going it do for us.
There still is the main IS tourney that goes on every year that we all can get into and enter fish for prizes, not only per species but a weekly drawing, all you have to do is enter a fish.

It just seems that fellow NY'ers don't want to take pictures of there hot spots for the whole world to know, and I understand that.
And this is all for fun, like ice fishing is supposed to be.

Offline Adkrs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 12, 2015, 02:02 PM »
I think whoever catches a single fish on any sort of ice will win. Not looking promising this year.
Beer will get you through times of no ice better than ice will get you through times of no beer...

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #5 on: Dec 12, 2015, 05:26 PM »
Doesn't have to show your hot spot and I have posted some of my fish and I have became really shut lipped on my spots lately.   I think that alot of new yorkers just don't know the tourney.   And there will be ice    just not soon lol
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish on!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 13, 2015, 01:19 AM »
how can you not know about it if you look at the NY off topic and NY reports, the NY brag'n tourney is right inbetween.

And I know all about not posting pictures of fishing spots, been there done that. That is why I don't post some places but still willing to post others.

This isn't my 1st username either guys, the old timers know me as camo_fish. All you have to do is go back in time and look at all the crazy stuff we've done here on IceShanty.

So, honestly if you don't want to post, don't. And if you do, do. But don't miss out on the regular and main IceShanty tourney here. You couldn't ask for a better deal for sharing your ice fishing catches with others that share the same passion as ice fishing.

:icefish: :icefish: :icefish:

Offline deadsmelthead

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Length 47 3/4 " Girth 24" NY Northern Pike
« Reply #7 on: Dec 13, 2015, 12:06 PM »
how can you not know about it if you look at the NY off topic and NY reports, the NY brag'n tourney is right inbetween.

And I know all about not posting pictures of fishing spots, been there done that. That is why I don't post some places but still willing to post others.

This isn't my 1st username either guys, the old timers know me as camo_fish. All you have to do is go back in time and look at all the crazy stuff we've done here on IceShanty.

So, honestly if you don't want to post, don't. And if you do, do. But don't miss out on the regular and main IceShanty tourney here. You couldn't ask for a better deal for sharing your ice fishing catches with others that share the same passion as ice fishing.

:icefish: :icefish: :icefish:

In all seriousness, if you really think its about giving away a hot spot, you're just paranoid.. A friend and I actually tried to guess where we were fishing by each others pictures and unless there is something very distinctive in the picture its fairly hard, and not for nothing you can block stuff out with photobucket, so in my personal opinion the whole "spot" thing is the biggest lame duck excuse since  " the dog ate my homework"

I know you're camo fish, ive had many discussions with you over the years :) but I gotta disagree with you, I really think the bragin tourney isn't promoted enough.. I know I know, it has its own board, but you yourself said about 6 people go on that board and you and I are 2 of them lol..

I think if the braggin tourney is just talked about more on this board there will be more activity in the tourney.. Who knows... I guess we will find out
TeamNumbnutts on youtube ... Subscribe !
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=teamnumbnutts&sm=3

Offline Adkrs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 13, 2015, 12:44 PM »
In regards to the spot thing...even if you can figure out where the spot was and what lake it was...the fish may not be there the next day, you don't know how they caught it, etc etc. There are a lot of pieces to the puzzle. I've sat side by side with a buddy. Same bait. Same school of fish. One of us is catching, the other is swearing. Presentation matters too.

Long story short...I hope people arnt afraid to post because of giving away spots. If anything we should promote taking people along and fishing with fellow is'ers. Comradarie and we're bound to learn a thing or two from each other.
Beer will get you through times of no ice better than ice will get you through times of no beer...

Offline dstaples002

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 13, 2015, 01:01 PM »
Fishing is fun.  I think we should all just be happy that we can fish and help each other out. There's plenty of fish and I don't think there going anywhere in our life time.

Have fun make new friends and catch some fish!!

Offline Adkrs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 13, 2015, 01:39 PM »

Amen

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish on!
« Reply #11 on: Dec 13, 2015, 02:07 PM »
So it sounds like we now have not 6 but 7, 3 more and we'll be double digits, almost time to make the donuts.   ;)
I also know that it's not promoted much, but to have it's own board, it would make me look if I'm also looking for ice reports.

Tell one, tell all, don't forget your tourney cards and tape measures guys and gals. Hopefully the weather will really turn at the end of the week like the weatherman said and we will soon be on the ice after the 1st of the new year.
 :icefish: :icefish:

I totally agree.

In all seriousness, if you really think its about giving away a hot spot, you're just paranoid.. A friend and I actually tried to guess where we were fishing by each others pictures and unless there is something very distinctive in the picture its fairly hard, and not for nothing you can block stuff out with photobucket, so in my personal opinion the whole "spot" thing is the biggest lame duck excuse since  " the dog ate my homework"
I know, I know, but that is the excuse of many on this site.

I know you're camo fish, ive had many discussions with you over the years :) but I gotta disagree with you, I really think the bragin tourney isn't promoted enough.. I know I know, it has its own board, but you yourself said about 6 people go on that board and you and I are 2 of them lol..
Yes, I know we've talk a few time and we still need to hook up one of these days.

I think if the braggin tourney is just talked about more on this board there will be more activity in the tourney.. Who knows... I guess we will find out
Just go back and look at the entries in the last 3 years. 1st year was great, 2nd year dropped off but still lots of fun. But last year was just pitiful. And last year we had lots of ice and lots of people out on the ice fishing. And out of my own pocket, I sent the 1st place winners in the 1st year a fishing lure, it wasn't much but a little extra to a few. But, I guess the people that entered in the 1st year we did it must of stopped wanting to play. And that is fine.

Offline dstaples002

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 14, 2015, 06:40 AM »
Hey Fish-N-Adventures, if we can get a couple more people, I will personally send the 1st place winners in each category a variety pack of jigs.

Maybe that will help people get in the mood to post in the bragin tourney.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish on!
« Reply #13 on: Dec 14, 2015, 08:23 AM »
Hey Fish-N-Adventures, if we can get a couple more people, I will personally send the 1st place winners in each category a variety pack of jigs.

Maybe that will help people get in the mood to post in the bragin tourney.
Thank you for the offer.
but I'm not looking to take away from the main tourney, this is just for brag'n, thank you.  :whistle:

Offline dstaples002

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 14, 2015, 09:32 AM »
No problem. Now let's get some ice and catch some fish!!! :tipup: ;D

Offline bshirtd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 14, 2015, 10:35 AM »
It needs to be moved onto reports and conditions page. Honestly once ice is here I rarely if ever come over to the BS side of the forum and really only look at reports section(with a grain of salt of course) and had no idea there was a bragging board. having it pinned to the top could help too
its a footrace to the hole

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish on!
« Reply #16 on: Dec 14, 2015, 05:13 PM »
It needs to be moved onto reports and conditions page. Honestly once ice is here I rarely if ever come over to the BS side of the forum and really only look at reports section(with a grain of salt of course) and had no idea there was a bragging board. having it pinned to the top could help too
The NY brag'n tourney is going to stay as it's own board. THere are too many topics and things to put inside of another board that will get lost.
Just put a bookmark in your web browser to goto the Brag'n board like you have for the reports board.
Now you know about it, please stop in and share some of our catches with us.

This is nice to see people talking about it here in the BS topic, now stop over to the Brag'n board and start in the on the conversations.
If we are talking over in that section, you'll get used to go into that board. Plus, you can see what kinds and sizes of fish that are being entered over the last 3 years.  @)

Come one and come all, share it with your friends and tell your neighbor.  :thumbsup: :clap:

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish on!
« Reply #17 on: Dec 15, 2015, 06:45 PM »
There you go sir, you asked and now you have.
There is a link/topic at the top of the reports board to the NY Brag'n tourney.
But, I must say to not forget about the main Ice Shanty Tournament too.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish on!
« Reply #18 on: Dec 17, 2015, 10:50 PM »

There you go sir, you asked and now you have.
There is a link/topic at the top of the reports board to the NY Brag'n tourney.
But, I must say to not forget about the main Ice Shanty Tournament too.

Offline 10th MTN Dave

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Please pass the peck of pickled Pickerel and Pike!
« Reply #19 on: Dec 28, 2015, 01:29 PM »
Will do the Ice Shanty Tourny and post my fish for the NY Braggin Rights. Been doing it since 2013 and would really miss it if it went away. Only got one buddy who has any interest in Hard water fishing. He has a bust work schedule starting mid January to mid February. Looks like ice wont happen to mid February anyways the way we have been going. At least we wont have the couple of feet to drill through in Feb this year!

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish on!
« Reply #20 on: Dec 28, 2015, 07:40 PM »
Will do the Ice Shanty Tourny and post my fish for the NY Braggin Rights. Been doing it since 2013 and would really miss it if it went away. Only got one buddy who has any interest in Hard water fishing. He has a bust work schedule starting mid January to mid February. Looks like ice wont happen to mid February anyways the way we have been going. At least we wont have the couple of feet to drill through in Feb this year!
Very true. looks like it's going to be an easy drilling year.  ;D
Always look forward to seeing some fish from you, good luck this year and too all.
Hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer for ice.  ???

Offline IcefisherSteve

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Jan 02, 2016, 08:37 AM »
I like the brag tourney. Be nice for few more to enter but its a fun friendly tournament. Fish and adventures has done a great job with it over the years. Remember these guys do these tournys out of their free time. Can be time consuming putting everything together. Thanks guys!

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish on!
« Reply #22 on: Jan 02, 2016, 02:21 PM »
For the tourney cards go to the main Ice Shanty Tournament to print out the cards.

For Tourney cards --->   2016 Ice Shanty Tournament Cards

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.