The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: ion blades  (Read 400 times)

Offline 67f100

• IceShanty Rookie
ion blades
« on: Dec 06, 2015, 06:39 PM »
Just picked up my  ION 8" auger.  Looks like a pretty well made machine but I noticed the blades seemed pretty dull for a brand new auger. Is this normal for a power auger?? The blades I used all last season on my 7" Mora hand auger are a lot sharper than the blades on the new ION.  I can't say how it cuts because there is nothing to cut yet.  I would assume though that an electric auger needs very sharp blades to get the job done before the battery discharges.  Any thoughts on the subject?   Thanks

Offline BobP

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: ion blades
« Reply #1 on: Dec 06, 2015, 06:45 PM »
I got an ion last season.  Never checked the sharpness of  the blades.  Cut fine when I used it.

Offline 200fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: ion blades
« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2015, 08:53 PM »
Just picked up my  ION 8" auger.  Looks like a pretty well made machine but I noticed the blades seemed pretty dull for a brand new auger. Is this normal for a power auger?? The blades I used all last season on my 7" Mora hand auger are a lot sharper than the blades on the new ION.  I can't say how it cuts because there is nothing to cut yet.  I would assume though that an electric auger needs very sharp blades to get the job done before the battery discharges.  Any thoughts on the subject?   Thanks
I picked up my new Ion Wednesday. After just reading your post, I went out to the garage to check my blades. They are very sharp.
"Indecision may or may not be my problem"  -Jimmy Buffett

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.