New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Lake Bonaparte  (Read 649 times)

Offline willbilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ONTARIO NEW YORK
Lake Bonaparte
« on: Jan 21, 2006, 09:27 AM »
Anybody been to Bonapate? Like to take a trip next weekend! Any 4 wheelers out?

Offline JeffreyKrow

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lake Bonaparte
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2006, 07:34 PM »
Went to Bonaparte last weekend when the big thaw was over and the deep freeze was starting(New weekend thing for upstate New York) The ice was about 7" then. Was going to go today, but with the 50 degrees we had yesterday, decided to wait until next weekend. The shoreline was pretty beat up and Didn't have a single flag all day. Didn't mark any fish on the finder, and I was trying to get ready for the tourny next month. Me and a freind are registered and hope to take home some of the prizes. I didn't want togo to the spot we have set aside for the tourny since it was so far and we didn't want to take the wheeler on the Ice. "Safety First"  Are you coming up for the tourny?? good luck and see ya on the Ice.

Offline willbilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ONTARIO NEW YORK
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2006, 08:08 PM »
Yeah we are thinking about the tourney! That was the reason for asking for info! Went last year and had a blast with a bunch soldiers from Fort Drum. But with out a Wheeler it is a hell of a hike. They must give out a couple hundred prizes and most are good stuff. Hopefully The weather will cooperate by then.  Chippewa Bay Tourney is that weekend too.

Offline JeffreyKrow

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2006, 08:51 AM »
I retired from the army at drum 9 years ago. It is a good time to be had. Supposedly, if the ice is not safe, they get together at the fire hall and draw for all the prizes anyway. I'm thinking that the ice will be OK. The edges and shoreline are the worst part of it. See ya there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.