New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Lake Bonaparte Ice Fishing Tourny next month  (Read 677 times)

Offline JeffreyKrow

• Team IceShanty Regular
Lake Bonaparte Ice Fishing Tourny next month
« on: Jan 20, 2006, 08:55 PM »
Hi, This is my first posting on this site. My name is Jeff and I am from Black River NY. I love to Ice fish and are a little disappointed in the lack of good ice this year. Normally this time of year, I'm sawing through a foot and a half of ice to set beaver traps.
     Next month is a derby going on in Lake Bonaparte. Is there anybody out there entered? I am entered with a buddy of mine for Pike and Lake Trout.
     Went there last week to check things out and didn't get a single flag all day. I think 'm in need of some new electronics for the job. I was thinking a vexilar or a marcum. I sell fish finders on the web. I have my own site. I dont, however sell the vexilar or marcum flashers.  I beleive the flasher would greatly help me in that lake where the fish are a little hard to find.
     Is there anyone familiar with Bonaparte?  Any suggestions?
     Did some good fishing in Eel Bay. The perch were hungry and nice size. You get small ones but plenty of nice ones too. Nice big fat pike too. The ice seems to be about 6-8 inches thick. Good enough for the wheeler but keep the car on land. Take care,
                                                                   Jeffrey

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.