Author Topic: Starting to worry!  (Read 1635 times)

Offline vexvision

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Crazy
Starting to worry!
« on: Nov 26, 2015, 09:30 AM »
Im really starting to worry about our annual trip this year. We have a cabin booked on Indian Lake for January 3rd to the 11th. Every year for the last 5 years we have had ice for this trip. We spend a week each year on different lakes, and this year we found a nice cabin on Indian.
Any locals have an average of when the lake freezes. Thankfully its not real deep, but I sure don't want to sit around in this cabin with 6 guys and not be able to ice fish, and I certainly don't feel like bringing a boat!!
I have laid aside business, and gon' a fishin!

Offline DanaM

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Starting to worry!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2015, 04:51 AM »
You talking about Indian lake near Manistique? If so it should be froze up by then. The lake is no deeper than 15 feet for the most part, it does have several springs and pressure cracks can be an issue.
Walleye, perch and pike are the main attractions but menominee, rainbow and browns are possible. Lived there for 27 years, talk to Ted at Top O lake in town for advice on where to fish.

Offline noam1700

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 30, 2015, 09:48 AM »
No need to worry there will be plenty of ice by then.

Offline vexvision

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Crazy
« Reply #3 on: Nov 30, 2015, 09:04 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Thanks guys, I sure hope so!! Its just a slow start this year and that darn forecast is whats scaring me!! Ill check that guy out, we've fished it a couple times and did good on the perch and walleye. Hopefully we can get on top of em. We will be there for 8 days, so Id say our odds are pretty good!

Offline Yooper fishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 02, 2015, 08:26 PM »
I went to school in Manistique, so right near Indian Lake. I hear that last week there was a half inch of ice across most of the lake. It, of course, melted with this warm up and rain, but at least we know the water temp is down. There should have ice to fish by January, if not there will be smaller lakes that are froze up.

Offline vexvision

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Crazy
« Reply #5 on: Dec 19, 2015, 04:31 PM »
And now we are getting really close! Still nothing........NO ICE.............what a bummer. Looks like we are going to have to re-schedule!

Offline DanaM

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 20, 2015, 05:04 AM »
Bet there is ice this morning, temps are supposed to go up in the 30's but the nights will be freezing or close to it, hope we don't get snow as that will really makes a mess of the ice.

Offline vexvision

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Crazy
« Reply #7 on: Dec 21, 2015, 08:35 PM »
Hopefully it stays!!! ??? ???

Offline breminnie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 31, 2015, 01:54 PM »
How's the ice on Indian, have you heard?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.