Author Topic: 2,3,4, or 5 anglers, 1 flasher  (Read 1132 times)

Offline icefishnrancher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Perch, the only white meat!
2,3,4, or 5 anglers, 1 flasher
« on: Nov 23, 2015, 12:24 PM »
the other thread got me wondering, if there are a few guys fishing with only 1 flasher, does it work ok to get the fish found and everybody gather 'round? obviously the guy w/ flasher in his hole can watch the fish, but the other guys should still do ok?

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 2,3,4, or 5 anglers, 1 flasher
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23, 2015, 12:30 PM »
Yeah, until the bigger fish decides to run circles around the other lines, and then it's fuster-cluck time!
(Like on deep-sea charters when one guy hooks a fish and catches everyone else's lines on the way up!) ;D
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 23, 2015, 01:21 PM »
yeah you can do it and a lot of different ways            you could use a switchbox and another transducer      you could use a extension cable and fish more than 5 people in a circle       catch one and pass it on          2 head units to the other kind of switch box          endless possibilities   I'll open up another transducer extension cable and run both extension cables from the vexilar and report back     I'm guessing it will work

Offline redneckdan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 23, 2015, 01:25 PM »
I thinkI saw that movie before, except if I recall it was two chicks and a cup... :o

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 23, 2015, 02:59 PM »
I just ran  through about 27 ft. of cable     NO PROBLEM     

Offline FishGut

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Nov 23, 2015, 04:42 PM »
Knowing that the fish are  x feet down in y feet of water lets a bunch of people work the right zone.
Nebraska certified Fishing Instructor

Offline Oldbear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 23, 2015, 05:32 PM »
Ya but I like watching the little lights flash in front of me.

Offline icefishnrancher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Perch, the only white meat!
« Reply #7 on: Nov 23, 2015, 06:39 PM »
Knowing that the fish are  x feet down in y feet of water lets a bunch of people work the right zone.
...that's the answer I was lookin' for, Thank You!

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #8 on: Nov 23, 2015, 08:39 PM »
some thing similar, a grouped walked out on a lake and i invited them to join. they had a camera only. i was on fish. they declined the offer at first. their problem with that is yes some one can see a fish but can't say how many feet it is just by looking at the camera. i brought my lx7 over and started showing them what it does. then they decided to come over and fish because as we caught fish they would say how deep was it or if i saw fish they would say how deep are they. they would have to stand up and try to figure out if they had that much line down or not and we were in 10 foot of water.
i would let each one use it for a while so they could see what they do for you.
they ended up staying and fishing our holes after we left at midnight.

no one sat close enough to get tangles. i get tangles when using two rods alone at times.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Nov 24, 2015, 06:39 AM »
My wife and I use one of our Showdown Trollers and place it in a center hole in the tent. Then we drill 4 more holes 2 on each side and each fish 2 rods. WE can see all 4 of the jigs/Lures on the screen. But like already has be said,if you get one on the other poles should be pulled out or the fish can wrap around all 4 lines. We had this happen a few times but most of the time it doesn't.
<===Lefty===

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.