Author Topic: January Gorge Trip???  (Read 7788 times)

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • friends with the same mental disorder....priceless
Re: January Gorge Trip???
« Reply #60 on: Jan 12, 2016, 05:52 PM »
No Fishonone didn't have time to fish, just took my drill . I wanted to get from top to bottom after picking up my winning lotto tickets lol . I'm sure that we will be able to get anybody out of trouble if they get in it Slap. I'm Bringing another wild geezer buddy with me from Search and Rescue with his hovercraft. We will be able to go any where we like. We are planning to go down Wed. AM and depending on the conditions we will camp down road 8 or in the Marina RV park. A plus for the RV park is the electricity and sewer hook up. Won't need to run the generators to keep the water from freezing. We will spread out and hold the real estate until you guys get there. I'll be sure to fly the Shanty flag. I plan to keep a radio on channel 7 if any one needs help. See you there !

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #61 on: Jan 12, 2016, 07:24 PM »
[quowte author=massNtrash link=topic=319348.msg3422951#msg3422951 date=1452610836]
What is the plan for the utah invasion? I may be able to swing down for a day and fish with everyone.
[/quote]

we will be down road 8 and I am thinking off the point I will be there fri by noon you are more than welcome to stop by anyone that wants to come by come on down and say hi who knows there just might be some pie going around

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #62 on: Jan 12, 2016, 09:17 PM »
Well I just got the weekend off for the bash and not from work if you know what I mean so now it's just seeing what day I want to leave on got to talk to a few people and see what works for them

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #63 on: Jan 12, 2016, 10:55 PM »
Hey Geezer, did you drive out to the spot we had marked on the map I sent you last year for RD8? If so how did it look for trailers with the higher water this year?
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Jan 13, 2016, 07:56 AM »
Yes I did Musky,  looks good for trailers . Water is a bit higher but you can still set up and turn around. Snow is about 10 to 12 inches but it's not heavy ( wet ) . The road in is still well above the water.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #65 on: Jan 13, 2016, 08:25 AM »
Great report! 12" of snow on the ground. How much snow was on the lake? See you all very soon. Woofie will be bringing a nonmember who is very excited about coming. He came a few years ago with Mr. jeep on ice. Hopefully he will join soon, as he is a great guy. Woofie, tell Brandon I already have a name picked out for him... Tuxedo Hunter! Long story, you guys will get a good laugh out of it. Good day.

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Jan 13, 2016, 08:45 AM »
Musky, I was referring to the spot where we were last year. I don't think that you sent me a marked map for Rd 8. I did drive down 8 past the pooper and Joes Shrine. People have been driving around the end on the beach. I found quite a few places for trailers .if you still have it please re-send the marked map. Prospector the snow on the ice was about 5 to 6 inches and fluffy , no slush. Ice was solid and clear. Didn't see any pressure cracks around the end of Rd 8.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #67 on: Jan 13, 2016, 09:41 AM »
Check your inbox and let me know if you got near that spot. I'll get a new map together for you guys and send to whomever would like one. Once we get a spot pinned down
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #68 on: Jan 13, 2016, 09:21 PM »
Ok after some PM'ing with geezer I put some maps together and have PM'ed them to the ones going. Post up here if you want me to send you one
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #69 on: Jan 13, 2016, 09:32 PM »
I'll take one please

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #70 on: Jan 13, 2016, 09:39 PM »
good to go massntrash check your inbox
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline 307fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #71 on: Jan 14, 2016, 09:50 AM »
Hey guys, my son (Minnow12) and I are trying to make it for the weekend.....you mind if a couple of WY guys come and join in on the party??   

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #72 on: Jan 14, 2016, 11:02 AM »
They are planning on fishing in "our" state. Should be fine to join in. I can forward on the maps that were sent to me by muskyon46 and fishonone that show where they are going if you would like.

Offline SlaptheFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The best things in LIFE are done on ICE!!!
« Reply #73 on: Jan 14, 2016, 11:41 AM »
Yea, of course all are welcome!  Especially fellow shanty friends.  Meeting new people is always a bonus.  Haven't met anybody I didn't like that met up with us through shanty yet!

See you all next week!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #74 on: Jan 14, 2016, 12:53 PM »
Sent you a map last night 307fish check your in box, like slap said all are welcome
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #75 on: Jan 14, 2016, 02:00 PM »
Looks to be a great turn out ! Should be a great time ! More the merrier...

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #76 on: Jan 14, 2016, 05:28 PM »
Hey guys, my son (Minnow12) and I are trying to make it for the weekend.....you mind if a couple of WY guys come and join in on the party??

all are welcome to join us if your in to having a little fun and fishing

Offline 307fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #77 on: Jan 15, 2016, 07:39 AM »
Thanks!   But now looks like my wife has to work that weekend.... argh damn work geting in the way of fishing again.   We'll see though maybe can still make it.

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #78 on: Jan 17, 2016, 10:14 AM »
thats to bad but if things change you know where we are. now come on fri i can not wait to get out of here i am going :cookoo: :cookoo:

Offline bronvike21

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #79 on: Jan 17, 2016, 11:21 PM »
I would appreciate a map of where everyone will be. I'm leaving FC Thursday night or early Friday.
Thanks

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #80 on: Jan 17, 2016, 11:36 PM »
I would appreciate a map of where everyone will be. I'm leaving FC Thursday night or early Friday.
Thanks
I sent some. Let me know if they went.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #81 on: Jan 18, 2016, 01:25 AM »
X2 check your inbox bronvike21
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Duneman101

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #82 on: Jan 18, 2016, 10:25 AM »
I'll be there for the bash, can i get a map so i can come BS with ya'll during the day light!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #83 on: Jan 18, 2016, 01:50 PM »
Check your inbox duneman  @)
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Duneman101

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #84 on: Jan 18, 2016, 03:32 PM »
Check your inbox duneman  @)

thanks dude! 

We will be out there from friday morning on, i don't know if we'll be in that location, but we're a couple newbs at the burbot thing so we might come troll ya'll for some info!

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #85 on: Jan 18, 2016, 05:14 PM »
thanks dude! 

We will be out there from friday morning on, i don't know if we'll be in that location, but we're a couple newbs at the burbot thing so we might come troll ya'll for some info!

come on down we might be able to help

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #86 on: Jan 19, 2016, 07:10 AM »
Getting everything ready to leave in the Morning. Checking all my gear for about the tenth time lol. I've been trying to cut down on the amount of stuff I carry but the pile keeps growing. " I better take that you never know, might need it". Too much is not enough . No room left in the mothership so I guess we are ready to go. Wife says I'm crazy getting all excited about four or five days and nights on the ice. The rest of the Geezer team have been over several times planning and plotting , so I'm not the only one that's certifiably crazy. Looking forward to see ing the rest of all you crazies . Travel safe......

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #87 on: Jan 19, 2016, 07:24 AM »
i fell your pain i am going to get my stuff ready today drive safe and i will see you there fri

Offline liv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #88 on: Jan 19, 2016, 07:31 AM »
Geezer funny how that works. The anticipation, excitement and passion for sitting on a frozen piece of water!! Insanity for some ,maybe stupidity....not sure but many people suffer from this affliction. DANG it sure is a lot of fun. It you don't share this syndrome then it is hard to explain to someone that does not understand. Have fun sounds like a good time, I am sure you guys will enjoy....

Offline SlaptheFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The best things in LIFE are done on ICE!!!
« Reply #89 on: Jan 19, 2016, 10:54 AM »
We are packing up and leaving 7am on Thursday.  Traveling in a pack of two trailers with 7 total people.  We will see you all very soon.  Geez if there happens to be any issues, post em up if possible.  I will check the board before we leave.  If I can remember the radios I'll give you a holler on Channel 7 when we roll up.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.