Author Topic: Henry's December trip dates?  (Read 6363 times)

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Henry's December trip dates?
« on: Nov 03, 2015, 12:25 AM »
I am planning on shooting over and thought I would see if any of you guys are game. Looks like it could cap soon. I sure enjoyed meeting up there last year and hope to do it again. What dates work best for a GTG?

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Re: Henry's December trip dates?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 03, 2015, 02:02 PM »
I have been getting so stoked for this trip and was hoping we could get it in on my bday at the end of Nov, but as my bad luck would have it I blew out a disk in my neck and am looking at having surgery on the Nov 19th so I'm going to be down for awhile  >:( >:( >:( :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: This was probably the only weekend trip I was going to get in this winter as me and the wife are expecting a new addition to the family in January. I know fishon, slap and a few others are still in and I'm sure they will chime in soon
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #2 on: Nov 03, 2015, 07:43 PM »
O ya its that time I don't know on dates yet but well have to see how cold it gets to when we can do it but I sure would like to do it again. I can't wait to hit the good old  :icefish: :icefish:

Offline Crappielover89

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 05, 2015, 12:25 AM »
if i get a good heads up and can get work off i'm totally in this year if i'm still invited.     

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • friends with the same mental disorder....priceless
« Reply #4 on: Nov 05, 2015, 07:15 AM »
Sounds like it was a great time last year. Would like to join in if possible. Sorry to hear about your up coming surgery Musky , hope all goes well.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 05, 2015, 03:09 PM »
All are welcome as far as I am concerned. Also sad to hear about Matt. :(

Offline HardH20Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 05, 2015, 04:56 PM »
Hey, I'm the new guy here so fill me in....Where's Henry's? When are you thinking of heading there?  I have the second 1/2 of December off from work and am planning on spending as much of it as possible on whatever hard deck is available.
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear....and that's kind of the same thing.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 05, 2015, 05:46 PM »
Henry's in Idaho near West Yellowstone. We went last year and as always had a great time. Welcome to the shanty!

Offline Madplumber

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Catch & Release
« Reply #8 on: Nov 07, 2015, 08:56 PM »
Should be freezing real soon lot of snow on the ground already might be going up in couple weeks to work on my place will let ya know how it looks sorry to hear about your neck problem Matt I know how your feeling neck pain is no fun

Offline zipdogfishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Nov 09, 2015, 03:59 PM »
Just came across this forum and was actually looking for some people to meet up with and hit Henry's. I've never fished it on the hard deck but would love to. So I'd be interested in getting together and meeting some fellow ice fisherman. So I'd be interested in being kept in the loop for a date to head up. Thanks! I'm from Cache County by the way.

Offline SlaptheFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The best things in LIFE are done on ICE!!!
« Reply #10 on: Nov 10, 2015, 03:49 PM »
Fellas,

Long time no see!  That trip was a lot of fun last year, and I would love to partake in it again someday.  This year it would take some sort of miracle as I took the head coach spot for two youth hockey teams, and were playing games right up until Christmas.  However, keep posting and keeping me in the loop, you never know when a miracle can happen. 

SLAP!

Offline Tr0ut_bum

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Nov 11, 2015, 04:45 PM »
I was there just last week and it's starting to get cold. I imagine around thanksgiving it should be good to go. I'm headed up the first week of December to fish it again. By far my favorite lake to Ice Fish.

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #12 on: Nov 15, 2015, 11:02 AM »
well have we heard of a date  yet or we just going to wait till after turkey day because myself and my friend RY that went last year wants in on the trip also were are we going to plan on trying to stay at

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Nov 15, 2015, 09:58 PM »
I am flexible on when we go. Wouldn't mind waiting for ice that is good enough to drive an ATV on. I am thinking of staying on the ice and maybe staying a few nights to get my money's worth. Give Matt a double dose of Apple brew and throw him in the back of the truck. Kidnap a hockey coach while you are at it too. The motel on the lake was easy access and pretty clean. I am just one guy, what does everyone else think?

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #14 on: Nov 15, 2015, 10:15 PM »
lol well you just never know what can happen ;D ;D should we look into the wild rose I think was a name of one of the places wright on the lake have you heard of any ice starting on the lake yet because they are not saying to much on the other board so I hope the first of December

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Nov 15, 2015, 10:55 PM »
I read about ice forming near the boat ramp.

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Nov 16, 2015, 04:34 PM »
Where did you folks stay last year ? Wouldn't mind staying a couple of days myself. That looks like a good haul up there.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17 on: Nov 16, 2015, 07:25 PM »
We stayed at the drift lodge, the wild rose was the place in the plan for this year. It's right on the water and their winter rates were pretty comparable. Last year we could have drove  machines out to fish and right back to the room if we would have stayed there
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline delement87

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Nov 16, 2015, 10:18 PM »
i want in

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Nov 17, 2015, 11:08 AM »
All are welcome.

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Nov 18, 2015, 08:42 AM »
Any rough ideas on a date Prospector ? The excitement is killing me lol. Want to make sure to get a room or two.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #21 on: Nov 18, 2015, 09:27 PM »
Fishon1 gave them a call at Jared's wild rose and it looks like there's only a skiff of ice in their marina there, I really wish I could make it up there with you guys but its looking like anything farther than 30-40 mins from my house is going to be my limit for awhile. My back gets acting up pretty bad any further than that. Looking like Febuary for the surgery if i can wait that long. Some days are worse than others. Hope you guys get it planned out and hookem up
  :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Nov 18, 2015, 11:21 PM »
Bad deal Musky.  My wife tells me weekends are best due to my kids school schedules. I can go anytime though. My preference would be thicker ice for wheelers, but I can use my feet too. If it was early ice, I would get a room and stay a couple of nights. Pick a date that works best for you and let me know. I am easy.

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #23 on: Nov 24, 2015, 07:48 AM »
well it looks like its time to plan a date I will say 12-4 and leave on that sunday the 6 or do the next weekend what you think Joe

Offline SlaptheFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The best things in LIFE are done on ICE!!!
« Reply #24 on: Nov 24, 2015, 08:05 AM »
I have a great plan to go, but it requires about 380 miles of fishing line and somebody to run it up there and put it in a hole!

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Nov 24, 2015, 05:26 PM »
well it looks like its time to plan a date I will say 12-4 and leave on that sunday the 6 or do the next weekend what you think Joe
I should be a go. Let me check with the wife and get back to you.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Nov 24, 2015, 06:12 PM »
She said my schedule is open. Do you want to stay on the ice or under a roof? Ryan is game to come up too. Does anyone else want to join?

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #27 on: Nov 24, 2015, 06:38 PM »
i am game for anything I called the wild rose about a week ago and got o price of $169 for a night so that don't sound to bad either but I can sleep on the ice to so well have to call up there and see what they have available for next weekend o ya I guess I better talk to my wife to but I am sure she will be fine with it I hope  ;D

Offline zipdogfishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Nov 24, 2015, 07:57 PM »
I am free that weekend of the 4th and would love to go, I'm up for whatever on accommodations. I think the wife gave me a kitchen pass... ;D

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Nov 25, 2015, 08:57 PM »
I think that camping is what will happen for me this trip. I enjoy fishing late into the night and would rather spend my cash on paddle bugs and such. I did see rooms for $89 at Wild Rose.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.