The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: IceGator (and Nils) discussion  (Read 10596 times)

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
Re: IceGator (and Nils) discussion
« Reply #30 on: Jan 22, 2016, 09:15 PM »
Wow. Get over it! The guy admitted he had issues with starting up his company... And he resolved them! And he's here being honest... He's not blowing smoke! If he did this all on purpose, he wouldn't be here defending himself right now! I don't even own one, bit I will add soon as I can afford it! I spent 600$ on a Ion, and the battery doesn't like the cold! Are they resolving the issue... No! They add reverse, that's it! You take a chance with a new product, it could pay off. Or may not! That's your gamble! All negative  comments made now were with old models, either buy the new one and own the best machine on earth, or go to a different page and talk about how sub par your new auger is! I can't wait to buy one! And If something goes wrong it's under warranty, and if the warranty is up! I'll buy another one! It's fishing, every year stuff gets out dated and you but something better! Get over it! I'll buy your old unit! How much you want???
Sold  ill ship it for free too.....Half price just for you Eric 200 bucks.
If i'm not fish'n then i'd rather be turkey hunt'n [img width=100 height=80]

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Jan 22, 2016, 09:33 PM »
Atleast they did a recall and fixed the issue. Didnt just tell you to buy another one..
I really wish this forum had a "like" button. Im sure the new ice gators are the real deal. If I bought an early model that wasn't going to last two seasons, no matter how short the season is, I'd expect a full refund/replacement. Does anyone out there have an original model that still works? No. A company needs to stand behind their product. Especially in the ice industry. A power auger that doesn't last is sure to get bad reviews. Customer service is what makes the product in the ice industry IMO.

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Jan 22, 2016, 09:39 PM »
If I was to drop 600+ on a new auger and tell my wife two seasons later that I need to drop 600+ on another one, I'd probably be looking for a new wife.

Offline Icegator

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Jan 22, 2016, 11:46 PM »
Where did all you get the idea that I did not stand behind my product.  Until the 42 was out last year I only had a one year warrantee on the drives, people new this before they bought it, for those that had problems I fixed it sent it back to them no charge for most I did this for a year after the warranty year was up.  I don't know of any other company that would have done that.  The other issue is abuse of the product that many did, it was designed for 8" or 6" bit only but of course some would try putting a 10" on it then complain because it failed. Guess what! I fixed them.  funny thing is I still have people running those old units, a lot of people, guess they know how to drill a hole through ice.  for the last three years everyone was afraid to talk about Icegator on this site because its full of nothing but people trying to promote Clam and the Ion, and probably getting free product to do it, so Icegator was never talked about and the last thing any of you want to talk about is the 42 volt 9.5 why? because it makes everything else look bad, Real bad! so at this point in time none of you have any idea of what my customer service is like. Guess the problem I have with all this as a sponsor, is I was here first!  and over the years watching this site grow I also have acquired a lot of happy customers.  of course most are not members on this site by the way it looks Lol think maybe I need to ask the to Join Iceshanty.  Good news is we can always use new members
Icegator Product Support

Offline gunnerdog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Jan 23, 2016, 08:56 AM »
Where did all you get the idea that I did not stand behind my product.  Until the 42 was out last year I only had a one year warrantee on the drives, people new this before they bought it, for those that had problems I fixed it sent it back to them no charge for most I did this for a year after the warranty year was up.  I don't know of any other company that would have done that.  The other issue is abuse of the product that many did, it was designed for 8" or 6" bit only but of course some would try putting a 10" on it then complain because it failed. Guess what! I fixed them.  funny thing is I still have people running those old units, a lot of people, guess they know how to drill a hole through ice.  for the last three years everyone was afraid to talk about Icegator on this site because its full of nothing but people trying to promote Clam and the Ion, and probably getting free product to do it, so Icegator was never talked about and the last thing any of you want to talk about is the 42 volt 9.5 why? because it makes everything else look bad, Real bad! so at this point in time none of you have any idea of what my customer service is like. Guess the problem I have with all this as a sponsor, is I was here first!  and over the years watching this site grow I also have acquired a lot of happy customers.  of course most are not members on this site by the way it looks Lol think maybe I need to ask the to Join Iceshanty.  Good news is we can always use new members

Greg, Still Love mine and have never had any bad service.  Heck just charged up my battery and getting ready to head out now. 
Gunnerdog

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #35 on: Jan 23, 2016, 01:17 PM »
Where did all you get the idea that I did not stand behind my product. 

Right Here:

I wish I could give you and everyone else that is in your situation a new drive, but I cant I'm just a small company

Next:

funny thing is I still have people running those old units, a lot of people, guess they know how to drill a hole through ice.   

According to you it had nothing to do with how they used it, the parts used were inadequate as you stated:

I had to many problems with the drives so I had to go with a different motor,switch,battery and drive system.

This is where people have a problem. You openly admit that the parts used were not adequate. And instead of replacing them, you asked people to buy an updated model, because it was out of the 1yr warranty.....:
Official Member of The G.I.T.s, Gods In Training 1/2014
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Jan 23, 2016, 01:47 PM »

This is where people have a problem. You openly admit that the parts used were not adequate. And instead of replacing them, you asked people to buy an updated model, because it was out of the 1yr warranty.....:

EXACTLY.

If I , as a contractor built a house for a customer and it started falling apart within a few months, then I'd be liable.

Not my insurance would be liable, I MYSELF would be liable, both for shoddy materials and shoddy craftsmanship.

This guy can spin his "I'm a small company", "I wish I could give" etc., etc, and make all sorts of excuses about "I guess some people know how to drill holes" all he wants, but I distinctly remember his myriad of complaints on his crap augers, his non existent customer service et al, for years.

If I buy a truckload of defective tiles, zip board, etc., etc and it's found to be defective upon starting to use, if my supplier told me "I'd get a price break on the next load", THAT is NOT a suitable "fix" to the issue.  BS like this really grinds my gears, especially in a world today where the average consumer is looking for a shining star in customer service and can't find anything but excuses.
Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

Offline EricB86

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Jan 23, 2016, 06:00 PM »
Well this talk went well! Lol. All I know is next year I will have the new Gator, and will give my Ion to my pops! Free! Ice Gator has a new product, and I'm buying it! The past is the past and he is doing everything in his power to put the past behind him and so should we! I've got fish to catch! No more talking to all you Gator haters! Either buy the new 9.5 or pipe down and get outta or way! A real auger is coming through! Peace and Hair grease!!!

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #38 on: Jan 23, 2016, 07:23 PM »
Well this talk went well! Lol. All I know is next year I will have the new Gator, and will give my Ion to my pops! Free! Ice Gator has a new product, and I'm buying it! The past is the past and he is doing everything in his power to put the past behind him and so should we! I've got fish to catch! No more talking to all you Gator haters! Either buy the new 9.5 or pipe down and get outta or way! A real auger is coming through! Peace and Hair grease!!!

Eric, just curious why you dont like your Ion? U clearly have issues with it as you have stated multiple times you would like to sell it and now possibly give it away. Tell me, If Ion came out with a bigger better version next year, and they claim it fixes all the issues with the previous model, would you run out and buy it?

And for the record, im not a "Gator Hater". Im simply giving my perspective looking from the outside in. If i were in the market for an auger, and saw and heard about how things have gone with this company, i wouldnt buy one. Its for that very reason i dont own one today.

Offline EricB86

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Jan 23, 2016, 07:42 PM »
I like the Ion for early ice. But I do too much hole hopping in below zero wind chills to love it when it comes to mid season ice. There have been a couple trips I have had to cut short due to cold battery and thick ice! And that kinda chaps my ice. Plus my pops takes all my hand me downs when I upgrade! Gave him my Clam trap, fl8, St Croix legend, my old Dakota 4x4, etc. He's to cheap to buy anything! So I give it to him! Compared to my old Ope 2 cycle, the Ion isn't bad! But I want to upgrade... And that means the annihilator 9.5!

Offline Icegator

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Jan 24, 2016, 12:58 AM »
Eric, just curious why you dont like your Ion? U clearly have issues with it as you have stated multiple times you would like to sell it and now possibly give it away. Tell me, If Ion came out with a bigger better version next year, and they claim it fixes all the issues with the previous model, would you run out and buy it?

And for the record, im not a "Gator Hater". Im simply giving my perspective looking from the outside in. If i were in the market for an auger, and saw and heard about how things have gone with this company, i wouldnt buy one. Its for that very reason i dont own one today.

Well here is my opinion! and it is clear you don't think much about it Lol, he is simply finding out what a lot of Ion customer's are finding out.  the Ion is not all its made out to be.  example two years into this they come out with reverse and a 10 blade for it, get this you have to buy the 8" blades set up then turn around and buy the 10" blade.  Now what many are finding is it cant run an 8" through 36" of ice for very long, add cold to it and your in a short day.  how do they think you can run a 10" through it.  Talk about paying a ton of money to be disappointed.  this year they are promoting the reverse like they just hit a home run, but not telling anyone the affects of it. You see I was the one who started the reverse right from the beginning years ago for the purpose of taking the shaved ice underneath the ice.  but I cautioned my customers that by doing so you were taking the shaved ice down 8 to 10 feet into the water column, the shaved ice does not react like you think it would, sometimes it will take up to 30 minutes to float back up to the ice, moves very! very! slow.  this means if your setting tip ups out for pike don't plan on getting anything out of that hole for awhile. don't get me wrong the ion works good for 20" of ice or under as long as its not cold. but that's not the way they promote it! and your pissed off at me! for what happened years ago because I didn't come on here and protect myself. well your about to get more pissed because I'm taking iceshanty back. I was here first and its time my sells started coming from here, I pay enough for it!
Icegator Product Support

Offline tommy-n

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #41 on: Jan 24, 2016, 06:18 AM »
GOOD LUCK

Offline gunnerdog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Jan 24, 2016, 08:18 AM »
Took my Gator out yesterday and ran into a buddy on the lake.  Saw his vehicle with a new shack so I figured I better go check out the new shack.  When I got there low and behold he was just setting up and showing me his new shack and new ION.  He invited me to fish right by him so I grabbed the gator and started drilling holes and he grabbed his ION and drilled his 2 holes in his shack.  I payed special attention to how well his auger was doing in the 24" of ice we had.  Needless to say I am even less impressed by the ION "again" and he was definitely pissed when he saw I had 6 holes done and auger put away when he was pulling his ION out of his second hole.
Gunnerdog

Offline tommy-n

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #43 on: Jan 24, 2016, 10:36 AM »
They made their bed now let them lay in it

Offline Knife2sharp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Jan 24, 2016, 12:12 PM »
Greg I replied to a thread in the main forum, I sent you an email that came back undeliverable, so I sent you a private message. I have not gotten any response back. You offer your 9.5" bit on your site for gas auger heads. What heads does it fit, specifically a Jiffy? Hopefully you will see this and respond. Sorry for hijacking this thread.
I don't post on IceShanty often, but when I do - #Legendary

Offline oldtrapper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Jan 24, 2016, 12:57 PM »
One year warranty on an Icegator and 7 years on the Tanaka Nils . HMMMmmm . I know which one instills more confidence in me .  ;) My Nils is still going and comparatively priced as the the icegator some years ago and warranty has never been needed yet the latest and greatest icegator 9.5 is claimed to be better " He SAID " hmmmmmm

TD

Offline gunnerdog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Jan 24, 2016, 01:50 PM »
One year warranty on an Icegator and 7 years on the Tanaka Nils . HMMMmmm . I know which one instills more confidence in me .  ;) My Nils is still going and comparatively priced as the the icegator some years ago and warranty has never been needed yet the latest and greatest icegator 9.5 is claimed to be better " He SAID " hmmmmmm

TD

I have an Icegator Attacker II with 8" Nils and a Tanaka with 8" NILs.  I love them both but I take the Gator every time and only use the Tanaka when I plan on blowing a lot of holes in a day.  I've never used either warranty.   Have had the Icegator for 4 years not one issue. 
Gunnerdog

Offline Icegator

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Jan 24, 2016, 06:38 PM »
Greg I replied to a thread in the main forum, I sent you an email that came back undeliverable, so I sent you a private message. I have not gotten any response back. You offer your 9.5" bit on your site for gas auger heads. What heads does it fit, specifically a Jiffy? Hopefully you will see this and respond. Sorry for hijacking this thread.

Sorry I didn't reply on the personal message, after looking at it you have the wrong email, my email is [email protected] you can text me also at 419-551-5889 also but anyways the one you can not put it on is the Jiffy unfortunately they run in opposite direction.  So with that said you can put it on an Eskamo, StrikeMaster & Nils power head.
Icegator Product Support

Offline oldtrapper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Jan 25, 2016, 06:34 AM »
I have an Icegator Attacker II with 8" Nils and a Tanaka with 8" NILs.  I love them both but I take the Gator every time and only use the Tanaka when I plan on blowing a lot of holes in a day.  I've never used either warranty.   Have had the Icegator for 4 years not one issue.

Thanks for making my point . You use your Tanaka to do the heavy work but not the gator . Why ?  ;D Won't it cut the holes in a lifetime that a Tanaka can ?  ;D Wear out trying . ? 1 year warranty compared to 7 .

I guide and have no time for bling . My old Jiffy is still poking holes too but I passed it on to my big young strong nephew now to lug . Never needed warranty on it either nor even a carb kit . Parts still available for it though if needed .I drill holes by the thousands in a season through thick ice not hundreds . 

TD

Offline EricB86

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Jan 25, 2016, 06:48 AM »
Notice how he said attacker II. 4 years old. Keep dumping gas on your gear, hands, and ice. The new age electrics are coming, and you will soon see them tear right by! When is all said and done, leave your noise makers at home and just come fish oyr extra holes!

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #50 on: Jan 25, 2016, 07:23 AM »
I like the Ion for early ice. But I do too much hole hopping in below zero wind chills to love it when it comes to mid season ice. There have been a couple trips I have had to cut short due to cold battery and thick ice! And that kinda chaps my ice. Plus my pops takes all my hand me downs when I upgrade! Gave him my Clam trap, fl8, St Croix legend, my old Dakota 4x4, etc. He's to cheap to buy anything! So I give it to him! Compared to my old Ope 2 cycle, the Ion isn't bad! But I want to upgrade... And that means the annihilator 9.5!

Eric, you didnt address my question regarding if you would buy another Ion if they claimed to solve the issues you are claiming it has?

Offline oldtrapper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #51 on: Jan 25, 2016, 07:24 AM »
No gas on my hands . I'm all grown up and  not yet shaky .  ;D Flow N Go works wonders too .  ;) Yes I saw ATTACKER  11 mentioned and 4 years . Doesn't really mean squat to me . He doesnt use his Attacker for much of a workout by the sounds of it . Its just used as a Sunday driver so how many Sunday drives ( holes )  in a season ? Years ago I too owned a Sunday driver that only saw duty in the summer on a nice day . Sold it with very low mileage on it and I sure do  miss that car at times . NOT really .  ;D

Smile Erich . I'm a rock and roll guy and prefer to hear the crack and bark of a Jiffy on a cold frosty morning more than listening to Bethoven or the whine of Mozart  but thats just me . I'm a working man who gets his hands dirty and doesn't worry about it .

TD

Offline EricB86

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Jan 25, 2016, 07:51 AM »
If they insulated the battery, got it to cut fast and kept it going like the energizer bunny! I would give it a shot! I would have to see it in action first;

Offline gunnerdog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #53 on: Jan 25, 2016, 07:18 PM »
No gas on my hands . I'm all grown up and  not yet shaky .  ;D Flow N Go works wonders too .  ;) Yes I saw ATTACKER  11 mentioned and 4 years . Doesn't really mean squat to me . He doesnt use his Attacker for much of a workout by the sounds of it . Its just used as a Sunday driver so how many Sunday drives ( holes )  in a season ? Years ago I too owned a Sunday driver that only saw duty in the summer on a nice day . Sold it with very low mileage on it and I sure do  miss that car at times . NOT really .  ;D

Smile Erich . I'm a rock and roll guy and prefer to hear the crack and bark of a Jiffy on a cold frosty morning more than listening to Bethoven or the whine of Mozart  but thats just me . I'm a working man who gets his hands dirty and doesn't worry about it .

TD

The Gator is by far a NOT Sunday driver.  The only reason the Tanaka gets used is if I plan on blowing over a hundred holes in a day.  My gator will do 100 through 2' of Ice.  So the Tanaka gets used after the gator battery is dead. I would say 3,000 holes a year at least.  Up until this year I worked road construction and was laid off all winter long.  I fished the last three years at least 5 days a week.   I don't think I made any argument for you.  Just cause you guide doesn't mean squat.  You go out and drill a few holes for people to fish out of. BIG DEAL.
Gunnerdog

Offline EricB86

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Jan 25, 2016, 08:28 PM »
Your a fishing guide huh trapper??? And your a working man... Not afraid to get your hands dirty! And you like rock and roll! Well ain't you just a regular ol' Jon Bon Jovi!!!

Offline pete/ny

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #55 on: Jan 25, 2016, 08:35 PM »
Your a fishing guide huh trapper??? And your a working man... Not afraid to get your hands dirty! And you like rock and roll! Well ain't you just a regular ol' Jon Bon Jovi!!!
  Wow from Ice Fishing Augers to A rockin rolling Guide all in 1 page.

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #56 on: Jan 26, 2016, 08:28 AM »
If they insulated the battery, got it to cut fast and kept it going like the energizer bunny! I would give it a shot! I would have to see it in action first;

While you say otherwise, your obvious disdain for the ion, and pro Icagator (altho u have never owned one) attitude would suggest otherwise.

Offline EricB86

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #57 on: Jan 26, 2016, 08:59 AM »
What ever you say bro! I'm not trying to argue about this anymore! When he gets one available for me to purchase, we will let the drill do the talking! I'm not gonna argue anymore, I've got too many kids here at home to disagree with! Lol. I don't need any on here too! I'm just trying to stick up for the small businesses that are trying to make a living, and make our outings more enjoyable! If you don't like Gator, don't purchase, the main thing is punching holes and ripping lips!

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
« Reply #58 on: Jan 26, 2016, 01:18 PM »
What ever you say bro! I'm not trying to argue about this anymore! When he gets one available for me to purchase, we will let the drill do the talking! I'm not gonna argue anymore, I've got too many kids here at home to disagree with! Lol. I don't need any on here too! I'm just trying to stick up for the small businesses that are trying to make a living, and make our outings more enjoyable! If you don't like Gator, don't purchase, the main thing is punching holes and ripping lips!
are you still going to buy my gator?
If i'm not fish'n then i'd rather be turkey hunt'n [img width=100 height=80]

Offline EricB86

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #59 on: Jan 26, 2016, 02:25 PM »
What model is it? Battery? Bit? Drive?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.