Author Topic: wheres the Marcum RT 9?  (Read 4932 times)

Offline calgary-john

• Team IceShanty Regular
wheres the Marcum RT 9?
« on: Aug 17, 2015, 08:40 PM »
What is going on with the RT9, was not in the Ice Force catalog this year. 

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
Re: wheres the Marcum RT 9?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 18, 2015, 10:13 AM »
nice looking/featured unit. i never read about it before. thanks for the heads up. must be too many thngs went bad for it, if they yanked it off the market. the lx-6/7/9 have a problem with shallow reading until 3 fow or more and the ice mode and auto lock modes. so three major problems with those 3 they left on the market, must mean the rt-9 had lots more is my guess.
i own the lx-7. hoping for firmware updates to fix their mistakes, but they know about them and have not released any firmware for some time. thats supposed to be a major selling point.

local chatter
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=291776.0

in stock
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/marcum-rt9-cmb-sonar-gps-combo?a=1718241

old price list, but not available
http://www.profishingsupply.com/flashers/marcumrt9tablet.htm

some hype
https://redrockstore.wordpress.com/2014/09/18/update-marcum-rt-9-fish-finder/

Offline staggerin

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Aug 24, 2015, 10:02 PM »
I've never understood the need for sonar in 3 fow. Look down.
Look at me I can walk on water

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Aug 24, 2015, 11:06 PM »
guess no other help from fellow members about the rt-9. i would have guessed more info would have shown up by now about it.

I've never understood the need for sonar in 3 fow. Look down.

sounds like you do not own a sonar if you don't understand them.
you look down if you want to, but i bought a sonar (an expensive one @ 750$ for an lx-7 at that and my cheaper one @ 535$ shows my bait all the way to the top) to show my bait and where the fish are in corolation to it and if i need to move my bait down or up. looking down does not do that nor does looking into weeds show me any thing except weeds. so go ahead and cramp your neck if thats your style. it isn't mine thank you very much.

::)  also, crappie fishing at night makes for an impossible "look down mode".   ::)

tell me how you sight fish in the dark.

i have seen kids put their face on the ice and cup their eyes from the light and look down. but then they aren't fishing. agian, there was light at the time.

Offline staggerin

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Aug 24, 2015, 11:17 PM »
Maybe you should have gotten an eye exam. I have a lx9, I won't turn it on for 3 feet of water.
Look at me I can walk on water

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Aug 24, 2015, 11:32 PM »
Maybe you should have gotten an eye exam. I have a lx9, I won't turn it on for 3 feet of water.
EXACTLY! thats because it dosen't work in 3 feet of water.  like i have been saying. so you can't use it if you wanted to.

you think i go fishing in 3 fow? i pointed out that marcum lx-6/7/9 have a dead spot of 3 feet of water and your answer to that is look down the hole?

lets try to get back on topic if you don't mind.

Offline bluefin75

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Aug 25, 2015, 06:34 PM »
and now a lx6s id like to know whats different between the lx6 an the lx6s anybody got a slight idea cause the descriptions for each are the same on the Marcum website. I also hate the 3 ft deadzone.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Aug 26, 2015, 10:32 AM »
spoke with chris from marcum and he said not one unit has left their plant and is still undergoing fcc challanges for the gps, but it is expected to be on the market for this season/fall! he siad it works very well and likes it.

and now a lx6s id like to know whats different between the lx6 an the lx6s anybody got a slight idea cause the descriptions for each are the same on the Marcum website. I also hate the 3 ft deadzone.

i have chris on the horn right now looking up the specs for you. he said the lx-6s is all the same as old lx-6 other than the foot print/shuttle was the same as the lx-7/9 and was too big, so they made a new one for it. so it has a smaller pac and foot print.

they also removed the inside plastic handle.
the old specs were 9 3/4 deep by 9 1/2 wide.
new specs are 7 3/4 deep by 9 1/2 wide.
its the same shuttle the lx-5 is on.
thanks chris!

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Aug 26, 2015, 10:48 AM »

not trying to hi-jack the thread, but how do you like the camera and do you use it much? any thing you would change about it?

Offline calgary-john

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Aug 29, 2015, 01:41 AM »
not trying to hi-jack the thread, but how do you like the camera and do you use it much? any thing you would change about it?

I have an Lx9 and enjoy the camera. If possible i'd like it to be a bit clearer. Kind of a bummer the RT9 has the same camera as the lx9

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10 on: Aug 29, 2015, 08:10 AM »
is it bright enough in daylight?
how far down do you use your camera?
how does it display the cam, does it use half the screen so you can use the other side to watch for what it can't see?
it's a 500$ add-on from them, is why i am asking some one who uses one.
so thanks for insight!

Offline calgary-john

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Sep 05, 2015, 12:24 AM »
is it bright enough in daylight?
how far down do you use your camera?
how does it display the cam, does it use half the screen so you can use the other side to watch for what it can't see?
it's a 500$ add-on from them, is why i am asking some one who uses one.
so thanks for insight!

Oh yeah, the camera is great in the day. I have used It to 30' in moderately clear water, couldn't see far but cold see my lure. Used it in 12' off water 6' from my lure in dirty water and couldn't barely make it out.

The camera can be full screen, split screen with flash/chart/showdown graph or camera with the flasher screen over top of it.

I paid $1400 Canadian for it last December. I'd buy another one no questions asked. However the RT9 I would be hesistant on. That system with Camera will be $2000 - $2100 and that gives me what I have with the LX9 sans GPS or game ability, however I ha no desire to use my flasher to play games and I use my iPad for the navionics gps.

I have have money to get an RT9 just don't see the value for the thousands it'll cost.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12 on: Sep 05, 2015, 07:57 AM »
thanks!
they still sound like they could be "iffy" depending on what water you fish. i only fish two lakes, so i think i might buy a cabelas and try it first. if it works okay where i fish, i'll make the upgrade.
the place i want to use it the most will be in 27 fow to bottom where we perch fish and find gills and crappies and plankton in the dark.
the other lake is stained bad, so probably a no go for there.

Offline calgary-john

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Sep 12, 2015, 11:03 PM »
If your 27' at night in already dark water I would suggest not getting it TBH. Get an LX7, amazing flasher that will do what you need.

Offline calgary-john

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Oct 29, 2015, 10:35 PM »
Any update on the RT9?

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15 on: Oct 30, 2015, 10:38 PM »
888-778-1208
heres their number if you have time to ask them.
no one answered last time i called them.

last i heard around thanksgiving is the due date or there abouts.

Offline calgary-john

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 23, 2015, 12:08 PM »
This item is most likely dead in the water, and rightfully so. The price point for what you get is just not justifiable. The GPS feature is great, but I can get a helix 5 or 7 or chart my lake at a $2000 less price point, the RT9 does not chart. The Idea was good but get rid of the android tablet capabilities, no need to have candy crush or facebook going on your flasher.

For the RT9 with a couple Cameras and 1 Sonar is around $4000 Canadian. Even with just one camera and 1 sonar is over $2000 Canadian.   

No idea who they are marketing these towards.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17 on: Dec 23, 2015, 03:59 PM »
i think if they build it to be used with your own smart phone/tablet, it will be nice. it must be an app they are using is all and trying to push their tablet. like you say, drop the tablet, let us use what one we have or want to have and bam, there's an rt9. the modular concept sounds good. just have to make sure it has a usb charger and mount to hold any tablet or phone. that should shave about 500$ or more off the price, i would think.
it should be called RT-1 any way, there wasn't eight other versions in front of it. just like the lx6 and up should have different names to distinguish between digital and analog units. some thing like dx-1 and so on.
i am glad they are pushing the sonar further tho and not stuck in the analog market.

Offline calgary-john

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Dec 17, 2016, 12:17 AM »
I believe this baby is now out. Anyone have one?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.