The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: How's Chauncy  (Read 12586 times)

Offline rokibass

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Flag Up
How's Chauncy
« on: Jan 17, 2006, 06:12 PM »
 I'm planning on going tomorrow. I may need my bathing suit but the fish can't get any wetter. I am wondering how the ice and action is these days.

Rokibass

Offline flapjack

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Another season, another reason, to, FISH ON !
Re: How's Chauncy
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2006, 06:21 PM »
I had a good day where I was fishing (off Chauncey thread) Plenty of running for me. Threw back 4 that I knew had no chance for the derby I'm in.
I work all year for this ! PAID TO ICEFISH, GOD BLESS AMERICA !

Offline joebeans

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2006, 07:16 PM »
just wondering how many people were planning on going to the chauncy tourny

Offline moosehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2006, 06:53 AM »
too many.

Offline joebeans

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2006, 11:30 AM »
so theres usually alot of people that enter it then

Offline Mark Barlow

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2006, 12:01 PM »
 The Chauncy derby usually draws a crowd of about 300 to 400 people. It's like a tip-up every 20 feet as far as the eye can see. I usually go every year.
Love those slab crappie, jumbo perch, and always love those bull sunfish. A.F.& A.M.

Offline amazinmoose

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag UPPP!!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 18, 2006, 12:14 PM »
that must do a # on the fish pop.
flag up, tightlines; fish on....   -moose

Offline Mark Barlow

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 18, 2006, 12:34 PM »
 The fishing here is usually slow.
Love those slab crappie, jumbo perch, and always love those bull sunfish. A.F.& A.M.

Offline joebeans

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 18, 2006, 01:12 PM »
that must do a # on the fish pop.

Im pretty sure that all of the fish are released though

Offline rokibass

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Flag Up
« Reply #9 on: Jan 18, 2006, 01:39 PM »
 A friend and I fished Chauncy today from 7am to 12 noon. We got 2 flags total, 2 Bass around 2.5 pounds
When we left the shore lind was almost gone. The ice was melting fast with about an inch of water everywhere. It better get cold quick or I'm going to need my boat.

Rokibass

Offline BJ

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLAAAAGGGGG!!!
« Reply #10 on: Jan 18, 2006, 01:44 PM »
Never had a problem fishing the Chauncy tourny. There are always people who just about sleep on the ice the night before to get their spot. I get there about 5:00 and never had a problem finding an area to fish. People who fish by the hospital are there  early,early,early!! But since you had a bad experience,I dont blame you for not going. But I will be there and have a great time fishing and partying with my friends!! :tipup:

Offline Roncarr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it swims I will JIG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #11 on: Jan 18, 2006, 02:04 PM »
THE CHAUNCY TOURNEY BLOWS BIG SUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:( I got there at 5 am one year paid and went to find a spot YARITE poeple were camped out tip ups laid on the ice to mark their spots I drove around the pond to three different spots the same everywhere I went back to the main tent asked for my money back because it was immpossible to fish anywhere they looked at me like I was retarded well this retard wasnt fishing two feet from shore I bet I would have caught a lot in six inches of water I swallowed the 25 bucks and caught fish elswhere they should let poeple know in the tourney flyer what really goes on at it so other newbies dont get screwed like I did  >:( >:( >:(yaaahhhhhhhhhh IM STILL UPSET OVER IT :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
no flag just a perch doin a drive by 

Offline BASSandICE65

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Pats!!!!
« Reply #12 on: Jan 18, 2006, 02:17 PM »
Ron you need a valium lol
I hate fishing where there are hundreds of people hard to find a spot but anyway looking for some safe ice for saturday

Anyday fishing is better than your best day working!!!!!!!!!

Offline mikeyc0203

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ayooooooo
« Reply #13 on: Jan 18, 2006, 04:34 PM »
i woulda been pissed to and i bet other woulda felt the same way...that blows man sorry to hear it  >:(

Offline joebeans

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 18, 2006, 05:51 PM »
A friend and I fished Chauncy today from 7am to 12 noon. We got 2 flags total, 2 Bass around 2.5 pounds
When we left the shore lind was almost gone. The ice was melting fast with about an inch of water everywhere. It better get cold quick or I'm going to need my boat.

Rokibass

Hey roki
How much ice was ther on chauncy where u were fishing?

Offline amazinmoose

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag UPPP!!
« Reply #15 on: Jan 18, 2006, 06:01 PM »
the hell with that.... to many people = disaster!!  -moose

Offline Mark Barlow

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Jan 18, 2006, 06:26 PM »
 It's usually a good time and all the fish have to be weighed in live, once weighed they are released right there where they are weighed. If you far from the weigh in station you can wave your arms and someone will come to you with a quad with a cooler on the back to transport you and your fish. These guys are patroling the lake the whole time. there's alot of people, but get there early and stake a claim to your spot. I get there at 4 am and there's still plenty of good places left. Did I mention that the 1000 dollar first place in the bass catagory and the 1000 dollar first place pike/pickeral catagory seem to draw alot of the people. ;D

Offline BJ

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLAAAAGGGGG!!!
« Reply #17 on: Jan 18, 2006, 06:48 PM »
If you dont like fishing with a lot of people then I dont think tournaments are for you. Chauncy has a lot of people and its a very slow action lake to fish. We fish it for the good times and camaraderie. Didnt catch a single fish last time and still had a blast!! With all those people fishing Chauncy there should be plenty of room on all the other ponds around. :tipup:

Offline Roncarr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it swims I will JIG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #18 on: Jan 18, 2006, 07:06 PM »
when I go to tourney now I get there at 330 am  and probaly the 50th person there Im sure they run a good tourney but they should limit the amount of poeple per size lake Im not exaggerating I had nowhere to fish  and then the response from the guys in the tent ticked me off  and I wasnt flying blind I pre fished there I didnt care if I didnt get the spot I wanted any spot would do  if a newbie goes there blind like I did not knowing how early to get there there screwed dont mean to be sour grapes but stupid is as stupid does and not knowing is not knowing!!!! >:(
no flag just a perch doin a drive by 

Offline joebeans

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Jan 18, 2006, 08:57 PM »
when I go to tourney now I get there at 330 am  and probaly the 50th person there Im sure they run a good tourney but they should limit the amount of poeple per size lake Im not exaggerating I had nowhere to fish  and then the response from the guys in the tent ticked me off  and I wasnt flying blind I pre fished there I didnt care if I didnt get the spot I wanted any spot would do  if a newbie goes there blind like I did not knowing how early to get there there screwed dont mean to be sour grapes but stupid is as stupid does and not knowing is not knowing!!!! >:(

I have a buddy that went a 2 years ago, and he said he showed up 45 early and found room.  He was also set up in between the winners of the pike and bass categories.  So maybe you just need to look a little harder ;D

Offline Mark Barlow

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Jan 20, 2006, 04:49 AM »
 I will be heading over to Chauncy today at 7 am with the Count and big brother. I will post a report later.

Offline kivva king

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Jan 20, 2006, 05:34 AM »
mark, Jim jumped on the band wagon and thru me under the bus ;D ;D  I love it!!! Scud will be all over me when i see him tonite :D :D Let me know what's up for sunday, and good luck at chauncy today.  STAY DRY!!     KK

Offline Mark Barlow

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Jan 20, 2006, 07:34 PM »
I fished Chauncy today and had some luck. I caught a couple of bass between 2 and 3 lbs, a few pickeral, and even a brown bullhead on my tip ups. The Count caught 4 pickeral with his biggest one right around 4 lbs. Not a bad day. The ice was about 6 inches and the edges were pulling away. Might be hard to get on tomorrow with soft edges.

Offline Pudge

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Jan 21, 2006, 06:08 AM »
Ron,

I run the tournament every year.  If you came back to get your money back we would have given it to you.  Don't slander my name in a public forum spewing your BS.  If you want $25 bucks back show up this year and I will give it to you.  That is the way we operate.  We have thrown people off the ice because they had tilts in too early and gave them their money back.  We are fair and we want eveyone to play on a level field.  If you don't like the crowds that is okay but please don't slander our tourney. 

The day is fun and we have a good time.  The anglers look out for each other to make sure there is no cheating and EVERY FISH Is released alive.  We can't please everyone but we try.  We don't balst other tournaments unless they kill the fish and we wish others wouldn't blast ours.

Thanks
Pudge
Steve O'keefe

Offline BJ

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLAAAAGGGGG!!!
« Reply #24 on: Jan 21, 2006, 08:59 AM »
Like I said earlier,I have been doing this tournament for years and have always had a blast. Pudge and the other guys run a great tournament and thats why everyone keeps coming back. All fish are released and it is just a well run event. These guys go out of their way to make it enjoyable for everyone!

Offline Mugz

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Jan 21, 2006, 09:15 AM »
Going to a Tourney and expecting to win, is like going to Foxwoods and expecting to win everytime. It's a great time and very well run tourney.......if you win, that's a plus, and like winning the lottory. But, you can't win if you don't play. Nice job Pudge........ :thumbsup:
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."
-Frank Zappa

Offline amazinmoose

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag UPPP!!
« Reply #26 on: Jan 21, 2006, 09:38 AM »
all fish must be returned to water??  you cant bring them home and eat em up!??   -moose

Offline Mugz

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Jan 21, 2006, 09:48 AM »
NOPE.........BLAH..... :sick:
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."
-Frank Zappa

Offline amazinmoose

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag UPPP!!
« Reply #28 on: Jan 21, 2006, 10:34 AM »
i dont understand how thats legal.  you buy your fishing license, that lets you fish, and harvest the legal fish you catch if you want.. that just turned me away from the event. -moose

Offline Coastie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Jan 21, 2006, 12:50 PM »
Moose in a tourney there is the great potential for too many fish to be harvested because of the great numbers of anglers. By having a catch and release the local dad that shows up the next day to have his 6yr old catch a few can still do so, in theory! It's not a bad rule if you catch a pin fish they will still recognize it. If you win you go to a nice resteraunt and order fish!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.