The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Wicked 13 "Tickle Stick" reviews 2014-15 ice season  (Read 1274 times)

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Wicked 13 "Tickle Stick" reviews 2014-15 ice season
« on: Mar 14, 2015, 07:42 AM »
 I ordered it twice late in the season,and both times it was on back order,then sold out. So needless to say I did not get one this year. Would like some feed back on the rod.I'm only interested in the 23  UL,but would like your opinion of the rod. Things like durability,jig weight,backbone tip sensitivity,and over all likes and dislikes. Thanks Cap 54

Offline isthereiceyet89

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "the Green Hornet strikes again!!!"
Re: Wicked 13 "Tickle Stick" reviews 2014-15 ice season
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14, 2015, 11:13 AM »
I love mine its the 27" light though very durable lots of backbone caught lots of big fish and it handled them well lots of give in the first 6" but solid the rest of the way. I ran mostly 4mm tungsten on mine and it was a great bite detection. My gripe is the cork at the butt of the rod is hollow and will most likely break as mine and many others have. I would recommend it.

Offline Ice Wine

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 14, 2015, 01:02 PM »
Got the 23" Tickle Stick in February and like it a lot. It's every bit as sensitive as the wire spring bobber I used to swear by. Unfortunately I haven't caught anything big on it yet. Seems to have decent backbone, definitely enough for panfish.

Offline chukkrok

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 14, 2015, 08:12 PM »
I have the 23 ul , and I like it, I was concerned about the posts that complained about the eyes, (how small they were), and I would have to agree, I mainly fish in a flipover, so it wasn't too bad, but I did notice the eyes of the ts froze up sooner than other rods I have, but I like the backbone of it, and the sensitive tip action is good .....It made it  thru the first season without me breaking it, so that is a plus....I'm not sure its worth the 50 bucks you gotta spend, I think I could find something I would like just as much, If I could look over some selections,but I don't get to see a wide selection of ice fishing stuff, here in central pa..I am glad to have one , but like I said, I think you could find something just as good for less $$$

Offline chumster

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Mar 15, 2015, 07:03 PM »
I've got 2. A 23 and 27. Like them both. Short one for inside and the longer one is great hole hopping. Biggest jig I used was a 5mm fiskas. They both handled them well. I don't regret paying the money for them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.