Author Topic: Shout out to Marcum  (Read 768 times)

Offline Sikaman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's all about the angle of the dangle!!
Shout out to Marcum
« on: Mar 03, 2015, 10:28 AM »
Had an issue with my showdown, it stopped reading anything
No bottom, no fish, no jig.

I sent it to marcum for their ( showdown tune up $79.99)
I sent the whole unit in less the battery.

They had it back to me in 10 days ( I got a brand new case, fixed my broken arm, new wiring harness,and reprogrammed the software)

It's like a brandnew unit!

Thanks marcum.
Can't wait to get it on the ice .

Offline Kierran

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • theCTyankee.com
Re: Shout out to Marcum
« Reply #1 on: Mar 03, 2015, 01:20 PM »
That's pretty cool.  I have the original VPG Showdown. Still works, but it acts a little quirky sometimes.  Very easy to read and user friendly.  This tune-up idea is a nice feature to prolong the unit for a few more seasons.

Offline ThisGuy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 2015, 01:34 PM »
They seem to have pretty good customer service. I have the lx 3. Blew the motor on it 2 years ago. Dropped it or something. Sent it back and they fixed it for free!
This house is protected by the good Lord and a gun

Offline dab65

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 04, 2015, 05:44 AM »
With all the bad things being said about Marcum CS, it's nice to hear something good for a change.  I have never had a bad experience with them.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Mar 04, 2015, 06:06 AM »
  I have never had a bad experience with them.

Nor did I. I was beginning to think I was the only one.

Good going Marcum!

WS

Offline Eaglecrg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 04, 2015, 06:56 PM »
I have a MarCum LX5 that was shipped to me on 1/29/2013.  Today it stopped reading bottom or anything else.  All I get is a red mark at the 0 mark at the top.  There is also a much louder buzzing noise and some vibration coming form the unit also.   I would guess that this unit has only been on the ice about 15 times and has been very well cared for.  I hope MarCum treats me as well as they did you.  I called them upon returning home today and their answering machine indicated they were busy, leave your number and they would call back.  So far no call back--I called them with 2 hours left in their business day.  I have also sent them an email.  Will see what happens.

Offline ducati

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 04, 2015, 08:51 PM »
Good to hear about the customer service, its just to bad that it seems to be needed so much.

Offline 4426

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 04, 2015, 09:16 PM »
I believe Marcum has a great customer service department but they should work on quality control issues. I had to send in my showdown 5.6 dual beam because the screen didn't adhere properly from factory. It still worked but I figured if I can get it fixed I figured I should. I fished with it till end of season and it worked just fine, only about a 1week turn around and it was all fixed up to perfect. Oh also before purchase I asked a question on differences between showdown troller and showdown 5.6 regarding 12v battery hook up, and they sent me the cable with fuse just in case I did go with the trolled so I can hook it up to an external battery. Also my charger never worked from factory, used battery tender for first season, at beginning of this season I requested a new one so I can keep my tender on atv, with in a work week I had a new charger for free. I think if I ever need another sonar for any reason I may return to Marcum just due to great customer service and good product performance, but like others said, just wish I didn't need it so much.

Offline Eaglecrg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Mar 06, 2015, 05:56 AM »
I have an LX5 which is 5 weeks past the warranty period.  It stopped working Wednesday so I contacted MarCum both by email and phone.  They responded with instructions to send in the unit and indicated it will be covered under Warranty.  They responded to both the email and phone call.  Unit will be in the mail to them today.  So far so good.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #9 on: Mar 06, 2015, 08:52 AM »
service is great after you get some one to speak with you!

problem is, getting some one to speak to you. never had e-mails returned or voice mails or web forms, ever.
after spending so much cash with them i was put back by lack of contact when it was desperately needed, so i just hammer their phones until they get sick of hearing it ring. tried it their way to no avail. apparently way under staffed. makes me feel bad for the few that do work there.

chris replaced a cut ducer that i must have cut saying its not covered under warranty, but on the house because i had been having issues. thanks again chris!
before that it was a dead head unit after 6 trips. no button control. took 10 days to repair. their replacement heads were all gone at the beginning of the season.

nothing compares to them in terms of advancements in sonar for ice fishing!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.