Author Topic: SOLO 154 LAZER PRO Trouble  (Read 352 times)

Offline TeamBerettaGold

• IceShanty Rookie
SOLO 154 LAZER PRO Trouble
« on: Mar 02, 2015, 05:50 PM »
Hey all, first post, long time lurker.  I tried searching and couldn't find anything for my specific problem, so here goes a new topic. 

I have owned my Lazer Pro for 4 years now, this will be my 5th year.  Thing has been great, minus the recoil issues even with multiple replacements and cans of WD40, no biggy.  I had the carb worked on at the beginning of the 3rd year and all was well. Starts in 5 pulls or less in dead cold all the time. I can even lay it down in the snow and it will idle until it runs the tank empty. Problem started when I was on the bay of green bay and bent my 10" shaft when I hit some shove ice, its bent at the top of the shaft and is currently being fixed. This weekend I was fishing Battle on Bago and had my spare 8" chipper attached. I only drilled one hole on Saturday because my buddy had his auger already fired up.  So I drill the first hole no problem, ran like a champ. Start to drill a second hole and half way through 26" of ice the auger just stopped. It didn't sputter, it didn't choke out, I mean it just died.  Tried starting it again and nothing...didn't even sound like wanted to.  Drove home and let it sit until yesterday night, I pulled the plug out and put a new one in, primed and tried starting it....nothing. Again didn't even sound like it wanted to start.  Took the muffler off of it and spun the recoil while looking inside at the head through the exhaust port and the thing is caked in gas. So I figure its not getting spark?  I have absolutely no clue whats up with this thing.  I really like this power head, and I have a Kluge 10" being built for it because I hate using the lazer blades on the rivers I fish for steelhead (sandy ice). Wondering if anyone has any input. If its gonna cost hundreds of dollars to fix, I will probably end up going with a Tanaka or if I could find one a Husky while I'm at it.  Any info from the more knowledgeable would be greatly appreciated. 

Offline Keith Walters

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: SOLO 154 LAZER PRO Trouble
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2015, 06:04 PM »
look for a problem with the kill (off/on) switch.

Good Fishing,
Keith

Offline jvanness

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2015, 06:31 PM »
Check the pin that holds the flywheel on . It may be sheared or partially sheared.

Offline Huntindave

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 03, 2015, 09:39 AM »
Check the pin that holds the flywheel on . It may be sheared or partially sheared.

This would be my guess too.  If the key is sheared or even partially sheared, the flywheel is out of time and will not produce a spark.
take care,
Dave  :>)

Offline cehlert

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 03, 2015, 11:27 AM »
It's likely the coil.  I just replaced mine for the 2nd time on my Solo.  Both times it just quit running while idling, walking to drill the next hole.

Offline TeamBerettaGold

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 03, 2015, 12:57 PM »
Thanks guys, I will check it out hopefully tonight or tomorrow and report back.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.