The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Thomas pond access?  (Read 734 times)

Offline Weekdayflier

• IceShanty Rookie
Thomas pond access?
« on: Feb 27, 2015, 10:37 PM »
Anyone know the deal there? The "access point" off 302 isn't plowed, and from what I can tell the roads are private and will tow. We're usually on snowshoes and draggin our stuff. Didn't feel like coming back to our car gone today...

Offline joefishmore

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Thomas pond access?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2015, 05:53 AM »
There isn't any that I know of. Worse than Highland lake.
Maybe the stocking should stop.

Offline Big wood

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 2015, 07:55 AM »
I see people park on Thomas Pond Shore road near the intersection of Valley Rd.  There is a boat launch there.
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Thoreau

Offline Weekdayflier

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 02, 2015, 10:10 AM »
Thanks, I'll have to check that out next time. All those "will tow" signs make me nervous though, so I may just wait til ice out and take the canoe in when I can actually park in a "Safe zone"

Offline Bottle_O_Moxie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Have you ever had to jig your scoop back up?
« Reply #4 on: Mar 02, 2015, 05:20 PM »
Not exactly easy but...
You can park a truck & sled trailer on the old dirt road that is next to & parallel to 302 right at the entrance to Thomas Pond Terrace.  Room for about two trucks unless we have a year with little snow then there is more room.
Then ride your sled up 1/3 mile TP Terrace to the fork in the road and take a right.  Go up the road a couple of hundred yards or so and there is a snowmobile path right at the waters edge on the left hand side.  Go through the cove and out into the big part of the lake.
This requires some snow to be on the road and you have to give way to any cars but it's one possible way to have a place to park and get on the lake to fish.
If you don't have a snowmobile it's a long walk pulling your gear by hand. 
Like I said not easy but possible.
This puts you on the end of the lake that gets very little fishing pressure and has bass & brook trout.  Some coves there to get you out of the wind as well.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.