Author Topic: Couldn't Stand the Weather  (Read 648 times)

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Couldn't Stand the Weather
« on: Feb 25, 2015, 09:55 PM »
Got so sick of the constant snow storms and bitter cold that me and a buddy blew town and spent the last 8 days scoping out hotels, rental cabins, lakes and guides around Tennessee, Mississippi, and Alabama. We thought about bringing my boat but the plan literally came together in about 12 hours... We both called our bosses from his truck 4 hours into the journey. Mine was surprisingly cool about it, my buddy wasn't sure he would be employed when we got back but they didn't throw him out when he showed up this morning lol. Put on over 3000 miles and 250 gallons into his Duramax and saw more lakes and got more info than I can remember. Right now our plan is a week on Pickwick lake in the end of May, A week on Guntersville in June, and a week on Dale Hollow in September.
Catching up on the forum... looks like the quality bows keep coming, I'm hoping conditions have gotten better around here, want to get out this weekend but not looking to have a heart attack dragging through 2 feet of snow lol. It looks like a couple spots near me are pretty well blown off and packed down on one side so getting around shouldn't be too bad.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Nitro16

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Couldn't Stand the Weather
« Reply #1 on: Feb 25, 2015, 10:07 PM »
I'm totally jealous. Sounds like one heck of a road trip even though you didn't get to fish. I would so love to fish dale hollow. I've seen some of the smallies come out of there and they blow my mind. Sounds like you got one heck of a summer planned out.   Can't wait to get my nitro in the water but I think it'll be a while still.   
Born to fish, forced to work....

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 25, 2015, 11:04 PM »
Yeah, I'm pumped for sure. I fished Dale Hollow in 08', rented a cabin on the Wolf river and fished mostly that area. Put countless 4 pounders over the rail but never got dialed in on the real big girls but it was the last week of July and crazy hot. We're not getting a guide for Hollow but for Guntersville and Pickwick we're going to use a guide for the first day or two before headed out on our own.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Nitro16

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 25, 2015, 11:40 PM »
Those are big bodies of water.  Not a bad idea on the guides. It'll be a blast. Don't think my wallet could afford a trip like that. Lol.  I will be looking forward to your posts
Born to fish, forced to work....

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 26, 2015, 12:00 PM »
I'm trying not to think about what it's gonna cost but I'm single with no kids and my buddy just got divorced and no kids so if we go broke it's only us that will starve lol. It's actually quite a bit cheaper to rent cabins/houses for a week down there than up here... 2500 square foot 4 bedroom log home on Pickwick is $750 for 7 days, it would easily be double that locally.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.