New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Going north on 87 - closest hard water this weekend???  (Read 1341 times)

Offline hrlevi1

• Team IceShanty Regular
I live in Saratoga and will be traveling north to find some hard water to fish on Sunday.  How far do you guys think I will need to go to find a good lake with some firm ice.  My thoughts are that the lakes around Saratoga may be inaccessable come the weekend.  We are really getting some good rain. 

Maybe Scroon lake?  I that is the suggestion could someone recommend a place to start fishing?  I haven't a clue about that lake and would lke some advice.  Are there any walleye in that lake or should I fish for perch and lakers etc???  As you can tell I am kind of lost when it comes to any lakes farther north and would really appreciate some advice... 

thanks in advance!!!

David

Offline ICE LUNATIC

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • shiney eyes here i come!
Re: Going north on 87 - closest hard water this weekend???
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2006, 07:08 PM »
If your going to schroon ,you should be able to get off on fowler road or the place right in town.You have to fish the northern end of that lake as the south end is still open.There was goodd ice up there just make s8ure you check the boards!
Trying to become a shiney eye king!

Offline hrlevi1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2006, 07:15 PM »
Thanks for the info.  Are you going out this weekend.  I really enjoyed our fishing last Sunday and was hoping to do it again if possible... 
Good luck if not!!!

David

Offline ICE LUNATIC

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2006, 07:23 PM »
Yes you can always find me in that shop or out on the ice i usually fish for the shiney eyes and perch.After we went out i fished the other side the next night and ended up finding some nice perch.The spot you and your friend fished the first time!

Offline hrlevi1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2006, 08:55 PM »
Hey Lunatic~

I am going to try to get out Sunday afternoon?  You going to be on Sara lake?  If so how can we meet up and fish together again? 

Just let me know where you are going to be around 3:30 or 4:00 and maybe we can put some shinney eyes on the ice :)

All the best

David

Offline openface

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 13, 2006, 04:36 AM »
scacandagan is pretty darnn stiff and producing some eyes near the  northville bridge area

Offline ICE LUNATIC

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 2006, 10:09 AM »
Openface yes i have heard the eyes are hitting up there.I usually fish for them on saratoga for one of those big ones....LOL bUT HAVE TO ADMIT THOSE FROM SACANDAGA ARE MIGHTY GOOD EATING!

Offline ICE LUNATIC

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 13, 2006, 10:10 AM »
Hrlevi.i will let you know where i'll be sunday afternoon.Maybe i will see you out there or else i can also e-mail you telling ya where i'll be hiding..lol

Offline hrlevi1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 13, 2006, 06:37 PM »
Sounds good... If you take the x off the front and back of the email listed you can email me. 
[email protected]

Oh by the way are you sure the ice is still good enough to be out on given that it was 50 +/- degrees a few days this week?  Please advise...  I really hope it is hard enough to fish on cause I want to jig like a *****dd.

David

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.