Author Topic: Plowing Parking lots  (Read 3844 times)

Offline cmlindblom

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Plowing Parking lots
« Reply #30 on: Feb 10, 2015, 12:57 PM »
I promise I did not mean to put this  ??? smiley face in my post. I did not know that if you type 3 question marks in a row it comes up.
You Keep it, You EAT it!

Check out my Videos at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWoXjqKZuNxCIbhTVXn4dTw

Offline cmlindblom

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Feb 10, 2015, 01:24 PM »
Yeah, plowing boat launches fires me up and when you buy jigheads and the eyeloops are painted over. I dare someone bring up those dang overpainted jigheads that you need to use an other hook to punch it out. As for the community service, I would although my back would hurt from carrying everyone to the fish. I think the main thing that tick me off a little bit is the fact that people are so ready to complain about the plowing and become activist but barely raise a finger at real issues. Oh and I make a great son in law and would be delighted at your offer, unfortunately I am spoken for.
You Keep it, You EAT it!

Check out my Videos at:

Offline Getbent

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Feb 10, 2015, 02:39 PM »
Bring a snow blower or a shovel.  The task that your asking to be done by the state to help all the ice guys out could just as easily be done by one determined individual who isn't afraid to break a little sweat.

Offline ATrexOnTheIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • WOMAN SEEKS LARGEMOUTH BASS
« Reply #33 on: Feb 10, 2015, 02:54 PM »
Bring a snow blower or a shovel.  The task that your asking to be done by the state to help all the ice guys out could just as easily be done by one determined individual who isn't afraid to break a little sweat.

I see this is your first post so I think maybe you should start off with something a little more a newbie's speed like, "hello, I'm new to this forum" rather than actually thinking that 5year+ members don't want to "break a sweat".

Offline cmlindblom

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Feb 10, 2015, 03:48 PM »

I see this is your first post so I think maybe you should start off with something a little more a newbie's speed like, "hello, I'm new to this forum" rather than actually thinking that 5year+ members don't want to "break a sweat".

Wow dude... just wow.... being a member of a forum for long periods of time doesn't make you better or more experienced than anyone else. I also don't think the forum itself would appreciate you downing new members and making this more of a clan of "Forum Old Timers". Opinions on the topic are one thing but being a complete tool to an other member is another.
You Keep it, You EAT it!

Check out my Videos at:

Offline Global Warming in CT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Feb 10, 2015, 03:49 PM »
Firestorm? haha this is a super opinionated community, we should all but immune to a firestorm of opinions by now. Whos actually right in any giving fishing controversy? I say Dorf usually has the right answer.

I'd hate to play devil's advocate, but you sure seem to know a lot about this forum (and the people on it) for someone who joined it a month ago. We get the point that you don't think the lots shouldn't be plowed. To me this site is to share info and show others our catches, not to argue over politics or belittle people who aren't young enough to shovel snow.

That being said, fish on everyone, plowed or unplowed!  Good luck the rest of the way. :tipup:

Offline justjohn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Feb 10, 2015, 03:57 PM »
Im smelling a locked thread or is it the slim jims and the natty daddies :o

Offline cmlindblom

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Feb 10, 2015, 04:00 PM »
Once again hitting forum time cards... I am not sure if time on forum is a legitimate rank structure (maybe an admin can comment on length of time authorities) I also for sure do not belittle anyone ever nor do I take anything anyone says as a personal blow to me. This is a great place to share fishing info and catches but also a good place to share ideas and thoughts on topics and issues withing the sport. I do not have a huge network of fishing buddies in CT as I just moved back up north and forums are great places to get into the local network of like-minded individuals.

This is a great topic in general whether it gets put into action or not. It gets people involved with more than just their catch of the day and keeps people talking about different things the sport has to deal. If we just keep quite (no matter what side you are on) fishing/hunting would always be in the hands solely of lawmakers, which is never a good thing.
You Keep it, You EAT it!

Check out my Videos at:

Offline 68 TROUT

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Feb 10, 2015, 04:01 PM »
ATrexOnTheIce ....
Hi,
Everybody has a right to express an opinion,
he did not mean to upset anyone, just put his two cents into the discussion.
If I had a four wheel drive truck w/plow,
I would take the time to plow the areas I Ice Fish.
BUT, sadly I don't....Does that make me a bad guy???
I do carry a shovel, in my 4 wheel drive truck,
and have no problem shoveling out an area, if need be...
This has been an exceptional year, with weird snow & amounts..
I am happy for the snow plow guys and
those that Ice Fish, DO, plow out our areas, MANY THANKS TO THEM !!
BUT, they have to earn their pay and now is the time for them !!
I have always ended up at a lake or pond and found fellow ice fishing friends
that are willing to work together to get on the ice.
Relax, just work with our fellow friends of ice fishing and enjoy your time on the ice.
Tight Lines

Offline weneric

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Feb 10, 2015, 04:07 PM »
wow. firestorm, firestorm, firestorm. calm down, everybody. sounds like a heavyweight fight weigh-in.
wishing i was still young

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Feb 10, 2015, 05:07 PM »
This issue has driven me nuts for many years. I for one wish they plowed the lots better, the only way I know to get it done is call DEEP and DOT. The only state trucks I have ever seen plowing a launch are DOT trucks, so your local DOT garage might be a place to start.

I can't speak for the state, but in some towns recreational parking lots are not plowed to avoid damage. It's not the cost of plowing, it's the cost of repairing the damage done by the plows. Potholes, curbing destroyed, wheel stops ripped out. This all has to be repaired in the spring so it's easier not to plow.

I've done the plowing myself a number of times and pulled stuck yugos out. We may not like it but it's pretty common to have to fend for yourself. Getbent might have come on a little strong, but IMO he's right.

Please post your opinions in a respectful manner, ultimately we're all on the same team. Everybody loves icefishing and we just want to get on the ice.

Offline camo man

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Feb 10, 2015, 06:55 PM »
OK In an ideal world most of us who dont own a 4 wheel drive would like to see lots plowed but hey let's agree to disagree and Im not in my 20's Any more so chances of me shoveling out a space are quite slim. I'd rather gun it to get in and worry about getting out after I catch some fish.

Offline ATrexOnTheIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • WOMAN SEEKS LARGEMOUTH BASS
« Reply #42 on: Feb 10, 2015, 10:24 PM »
Wow dude... just wow.... being a member of a forum for long periods of time doesn't make you better or more experienced than anyone else. I also don't think the forum itself would appreciate you downing new members and making this more of a clan of "Forum Old Timers". Opinions on the topic are one thing but being a complete tool to an other member is another.

I don't think the forum itself would appreciate you calling people tools. Could it be your upset because you are a newbie as well?

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #43 on: Feb 10, 2015, 10:41 PM »

Sorry bud. Length of time on a forum means nothing. Someone who has been here 10 years is no different than someone who joined 10 minutes ago. You have no right or authority to tell him how to start his time here.. He can post whatever he wants as long as it follows the rules of the forum.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline fishville

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #44 on: Feb 11, 2015, 01:32 AM »
Everyone is assuming it is the states responsibility to plow the launch. How many are town property.
They always mound the snow at the end of Winchester ramp.
Let's be honest it sucks to plan on fishing somewhere and find access blocked, is it really too hard to go to the next pond.
Sometimes it feels like I live in a Pat McManus story!

Offline ESOX FIX

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Feb 11, 2015, 05:12 AM »
Wish they would plow the snow off the lakes in NW CT.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.