Author Topic: Smith lake  (Read 2786 times)

Offline Baiter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Get jiggy with it!
Smith lake
« on: Jan 11, 2006, 02:33 PM »
has anyone been out to smith lake lately or heard of anyone that has, how have they been doing.

Baiter
Fishing is not about life or death, it is much more important than that! And all I have to say is FISH ON baby.

Offline hardh2ofish

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Smith lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2006, 05:39 PM »
Is there still fishable ice around there?  Im not sure exactly where Smith is.  I did take a drive today with my son and there were two guys out fishing on Merrit. With the weather weve been having kinda suprised!

Fishing should be the exercise of your skills- and its rewards the places it brings you to
                                                                           Negley Farson
Going Fishing

Offline hookemandcookem

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Work: that annoying time between fishing trips!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2006, 07:35 PM »
Im not sure where smith lake is either but would love to get my auger on some safe and fishable ice. Let me know of any news.

Offline R.J.

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It must be that time again!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 13, 2006, 11:06 PM »
In past years Smith has been good for me, but last year it stunk!  Still a few very nice gills and pike occasionally, but nothing like the past.  I talked to some frustrated locals last Jan. and they said it has been overfished.  Hopefully this year will be better, but I dont have my hopes too high.

Offline jaymzthefisher

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #4 on: Oct 17, 2006, 10:15 PM »
Hey RJ

From friends and family back home fishing this summer on Smith was awesome some very big eyes and gills caught out there

Offline Sandbilly

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #5 on: Oct 30, 2006, 09:13 PM »
Shhhhhhhhh!!

James, you have any lakes with water still in them? We lost several more sandhill lakes around here this summer. :( :( About down to fishing resevoirs.

dc

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.