Author Topic: Bought the Marcum Showdown  (Read 959 times)

Offline Mr.Harry

• Team IceShanty Addict
Bought the Marcum Showdown
« on: Feb 05, 2015, 09:36 AM »
Thanks for the input pro & con. I picked one up. Hoping some of the negative reports/problems were issues they have straightened out in the latest generation. Hoping. Find out. Give it first work out this weekend and see how it holds up through remainder of season. Will be sure to report if it is a P.O.S.

Offline whitewing

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Bought the Marcum Showdown
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2015, 10:19 AM »
Please report both the good and the bad. Think positive!! Good luck with the new toy - and always remember "You can never have too much equipment!!"

Offline Mr.Harry

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2015, 10:35 AM »
I know, I will. I'm just on a big string of bad luck with stuff out-of-the-box. Especially after my Pro 4 complete failure. But, I just got the new power head, latest gen, at Dover Marine today. Sooner or later all luck will turn...

Offline piscesman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2015, 10:42 AM »
Why don't you visit YOU TUBE and check out the videos on the Showdown. You will be able to get a feel of what to expect and learn before going on and make adjustments.
      Kim :tipup: :tipup:
"To have and to hold till death do us part" really refers to a man and his ICE FISHING EQUIPMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Hyland33

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 05, 2015, 10:44 AM »
I bought the showdown 5.6 earlier this year, absolutely love it! Don't think I could go fishing without it now
-Andrew
Newfound Circus

Offline Strictlyjiggin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 05, 2015, 12:32 PM »
Do you know of anywhere near dover to pick one up is like to try one this year

Offline Mr.Harry

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 05, 2015, 01:26 PM »
Do you know of anywhere near dover to pick one up is like to try one this year
I do not. Don't have at KTP. I think Suds n Soda carries vex exclusively. Not at Dover Marine, Coyote Creek, Dicks, even Walmart was out of stock. Ordered mine from rapala.com. Paid for 2 to 4 day shipping. It arrived day after i placed order.

Offline P.Dona

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ><((((º> Bring on the ice!!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 05, 2015, 02:06 PM »
I bought the showdown 5.6 earlier this year, absolutely love it! Don't think I could go fishing without it now
x 2 !   Youtube is awesome for anything like this !

Offline xjma

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 05, 2015, 07:51 PM »
Got the troller last year, nothing but good fishing for me.  I think the first ones had software issues or something???  No matter what the nay-sayers say, it's a huge improvement over staring down a hole and hoping for the best.  It is even useable to a degree on calm open water.....much better than nothing when you're on a boat with no fish finder!! 

Offline suckerbait

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 06, 2015, 07:38 AM »
Mr. Harry I think you will like the unit. Very easy to read. My 10 year old reads and operates it no problems. It actually peaked his interest in ice fishing. We now jig perch and crappie at least two nights a week after school. I think you will be surprised when Laker fishing how many fish you were missing without knowing the fish was there. You will find a technique to get those lookers to hit.

Offline NHTROUTNUT

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Work is for days i don't fish
« Reply #10 on: Feb 06, 2015, 09:34 AM »
I have one and it works great 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.