Author Topic: cascade ice conditions  (Read 4308 times)

Offline PhoenixPhish

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: cascade ice conditions
« Reply #30 on: Feb 09, 2015, 09:31 AM »
I went up to Horsethief Reservoir Saturday the 7th and Sunday the 8th and the conditions of the ice changed drastically w/in the 48 hr period.  The fishing was GREAT!  Caught plenty of trout, but if we don't get a good and strong cold front here soon the ice wont be safe to fish on.  For example, Saturday morning, the ice was slick and hard on the surface and by Sunday evening the first 1/2 inch of ice was turned to slush.  The shorelines are fading and parts of the ice out on the reservoir are starting to fad and water is coming through.  I would imagine that Cascade Reservoir would be the same.

Offline WalksOnH2O

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Feb 09, 2015, 05:58 PM »
Yes it is sad, if we all stick together we can get through this horrible weather. We must all put all of our ice fishing stuff away and then the arctic blast will come back and give us the deep freeze. We must think green grass and getting sun tans. We can do this. WE WILL BE ICE FISHING IN APRIL!  :flex: :flex: :flex:

I've done my part.  Not only is my gear away, but
Today I got my shipmemt of new Perch Lures. 
-Impulse Perch Eyes
-rapala jigging raps
-Clam psycho shad
-salmo chubby darters

Offline elkcrazy8

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Feb 09, 2015, 06:48 PM »
The only way I can get through this early ending is to inhale large amounts of 2 stroke and to counter steer on sidehills.....

Offline 97sx

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Feb 09, 2015, 07:14 PM »
The only way I can get through this early ending is to inhale large amounts of 2 stroke and to counter steer on sidehills.....

Good call!  Think I will do the same.  Help me get over this depressing ice season!

Offline elkcrazy8

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Feb 09, 2015, 07:26 PM »
97, head up out of Anderson snow park and you get a cool view of how bad the lake is!........lol

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.