Author Topic: If you had only known  (Read 1466 times)

PIKEGUY

If you had only known
« on: Jan 10, 2006, 11:01 AM »
I got to thinking last night about some of the usernames on here. It made me wonder how many of us didn't have a clue how much time we would end up spending on this site. Would you have thought up a better username? Some of the names on here that refer to being a newbie or rookie just won't seem to fit when they have 1000 posts and have been here for a few years. I don't hate mine, but it's not like I'm known for catching big pike or anything :'( I just started icefishing and that's what I wanted to target Things change. Just made me wonder I guess, and realize that I had NO CLUE how addicting this site would be ;D So, would you have done anything different?

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
Re: If you had only known
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2006, 11:15 AM »
Nope. I would keep mine the same. It reflects my personallity and where I love to be.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2006, 11:18 AM »
Im Happy with mine, but I know what you mean. I think it's hard for those who no longer like or relate to their names because when you do change it, it's like starting over, you are almost a new guy..Noone will recognise the name and you have to build a rep again

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2006, 11:20 AM »
You could always change it to "theicefishermanformall yknownas(insert old IS name here)" ;D

PIKEGUY

« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2006, 11:25 AM »
I guess it was really supposed to be more about the lack of understanding when we joined at how much time you would spend here and the lack of thought that possibly went into things that seem silly like a screen name. I don't think anyone should change their name. What's the point you know? You are who you are, just like your parents give you a name and that's what you got ;D I was just reflecting at how I joined up thinking I'd ask a few questions and now......... well, I'm laying in bed thinking up new posts. lol

Bigredatworknotontheic ethissucksIshouldjustq uitandgobacktobeingafu lltimeprofishermanandp uteveryoneinaweatmyfis hcatchingabilities.... ... Catchy ;D ;D

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2006, 12:12 PM »
The day before I joined IS I was fishing and got a carp thru the ice so thats what I put down. I got tired of typing it out and just changed it to C.C. When I joined, I didn't think that it would be such a big part of my daily ritual. :o
      Jim

Offline Robb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Secret Spot
« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 2006, 12:21 PM »
I changed mine for a little while, hope you like it ;).
Robb :tipup:

PIKEGUY

« Reply #7 on: Jan 10, 2006, 12:23 PM »
LOL. Not bad ;D Not sure everyone alse will agree, although I've a feeling you don't care ;D

Offline Bluefinforme

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 10, 2006, 12:25 PM »
::) ::) ::) ::)
you must hang out with carogakid a lot eh?

Offline Robb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Secret Spot
« Reply #9 on: Jan 10, 2006, 12:25 PM »
LOL. Not bad ;D Not sure everyone alse will agree, although I've a feeling you don't care ;D

All in good fun!! We shouldn't take life too seriously, just have fun and pray for more cold weather :-\. Caroga Kid who.... Never heard of him 8). LOL

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10 on: Jan 10, 2006, 02:11 PM »

The only thing in Maine worth destroying is what little dignity they have left. ;D lol

Offline BUCKSKI

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JIGGING UP MUDFLAPS FROM SOMEWHERE
« Reply #11 on: Jan 10, 2006, 03:35 PM »
The maine was destroyed in the Spanish American war in the port of CUBA!
" Of course I believe in luck. How otherwise to explain the success of some people you detest"

Jean Cocteau

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.