Author Topic: Fished Specks Last week in Sault Ste Marie  (Read 1410 times)

Northerner

Fished Specks Last week in Sault Ste Marie
« on: Jan 09, 2006, 06:13 PM »
I fished some of the back lakes last week in Sault Ste Marie. 6 to 8 inches of ice. Nice temps for fishing around 32 degrees. Can't figure out how to post pics. New marcum LX 3 worked great and I bought the 4 man ice cube by Eastman Outfitters Set up in less than a minute.

Offline slim slinger

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Northern Frozen *****
Re: Fished Specks Last week in Sault Ste Marie
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2006, 11:06 PM »
i am from sault ste. Marie. Which lakes did you fish? Any action?

Slim

trapperdirk

« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2006, 01:38 AM »
Ooooh Man Northerner . Get those pics of your speckles posted .You can host them at a site such as photobucket.com and then paste the http addy here and your pic will appear . There is a good help page at the top of the forum that will help you too .

Picture Posting Instructions;(from rgfixit with a few modifications)
Your photos must be stored online in order to post them.

You can open a free account with  www.photobucket.com, www.myfishingpictures. com, or www.hunt101.com

Sharemation is a real pain. Don't use it!
These instructions apply for all OTHER photo storage web sites.

First!
Resize any pictures you'd like to post to a maximum of 400x600 pixels. Larger pictures distort the forum page and take longer to load.
(Avatar pictures can only be 120x120 pixels maximum).

Upload your pictures to your chosen site by following their instructions.

The main page of your photo album is generally displayed in thumbnail format for reference purposes. These thumbnails are usually suitably sized for use as avatar pictures to be added to your profile.

To add an avatar (picture etc.) to your profile;
Right click on the thumbnail and choose "Copy Image Location"

Open your Iceshanty  profile, then click on "forum profile information" and paste the address to the "I have my own picture" box and check that box. Your avatar  should be displayed in all your posts. You can change your avatar at  any time.

To post full sized (400x600 max) pictures to your posts;

Open your photo album;
Click on the thumbnail to view the full sized picture.

Right click on the picture and choose "Copy Image Location"

Go to your post you want to add it to on iceshanty.com.

The "Add BBC tags:" tool bar is at the top of every message dialog below the "Subject" dialog box and the "Message icon". In the lower row, click on the 2nd icon from the left...the "Insert Image" icon(it looks like a small picture).

The command [ img][/img] will appear in your text message.
Paste the address of your picture between the commands like this;
[ img]paste your image location here [ /img]
Be sure not to add any spaces or other characters.

Preview your post to be sure your picture is there and then choose post.

Offline Sawlog

• IceShanty Rookie
  • YeeHaw!, I'm loving it
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2006, 07:03 AM »
Back lake brookie fishing ;D Now thats, icefishin ;D ;D beautiful country there :D
Now rub in some pics ;)

Northerner

« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2006, 05:53 PM »
I lived there for 10 year. Actually in Windsor now, but travel to the Sault to my Moose camp and to ice fish. We fished Finn Lake. I stayed at a cottage on lower Island and fished both Lower and Upper Island Lake. Never made it to Leigh's Bay for Whitefish. The canal was not frozen yet so missed out on the Whitefish there as well. I should have taken my wading gear the St Mary's was wide open and the weather was not to cold.
Going back up next month. The fishing was not great but OK. I ordered a Marcum LX 5 before I left, but it never arrived in time to take. Was in the Mailbox when I got home. thanks for the tips on posting pics.

Offline slim slinger

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Northern Frozen *****
« Reply #5 on: Feb 12, 2006, 09:49 PM »
Finn Lake up past Hayden nice area. im still in the Soo. Any Lakers on upper Island? They are hittin whitefish and steelies at Leighs Bay right now... Whities arent to big i heard because of nets but the numbers are good.

slim

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.