Author Topic: Zelma - Fish or No Fish That is the question?  (Read 1633 times)

Offline fishy99

• IceShanty Rookie
Zelma - Fish or No Fish That is the question?
« on: Jan 09, 2006, 11:26 AM »
Well went out to Zelma on Jan. 6, 2006 to try to do some night fishing. I have had good luck at nailing some fairly nice walleyes during the summer so i thought that I would go and give it a try. We where fishing in about 10 to 15 feet of water just off the road that splits the res from the slew. Had one bite at 11pm but that was it. The ice is plenty thick about 1.5 to 2 feet so no worries there. I was just wondering if anyone else has been there this year, what part of the res was fished, and what type of equipment used. We were using glow jigs with shinners attached nothing special. Any posts about fishing on Zelma this year would be greatly appriciated. I love Iceshanty.com. Well good luck everyone and happy fishing.

Offline fishy99

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Zelma - Fish or No Fish That is the question?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2006, 10:01 AM »
Someone must know something!

grumpymoe

« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2006, 07:11 AM »
Someone must know something!
.....Anyone!!!!  ;D Grump

Offline Fish Master

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2006, 09:20 AM »
I've fished Zelma a few times this year with mixed success. I got on the ice near the boat launch and hit the first couple points around there. I've been trying to find walleye there but haven't had any success. Caught a few nice pike and I've seen a couple perch but thats about it. I'm not really familiar with the lake but I think your time would be best spent exploring the lake farther away from the access points. I'm heading out there next week so I'll post how I do

Offline fishy99

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2006, 01:10 PM »
Well have been back out there since Jan.6 but I was hoping that someone else has. If you have been fishing out there please post and let us all know how it went, where on the res. you were located, and what you where fishing with. I hope everyone is having a good year of ice fishin. Hope to hear from you soon.  8)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.