Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: yellow perch around ventura/clear lake  (Read 1013 times)

Offline JKL

• IceShanty Rookie
yellow perch around ventura/clear lake
« on: Jan 21, 2015, 06:59 PM »
Heading to the area next week.  Was hoping to find some decent yellow perch since I can't target them near home. Would anyone be willing to share the name of a lake/pond that has decent yellow perch in that area?  I'm not asking for anyone's honey hole,  just a little direction. I assume there is YP in that part of the world??? 

Thanks!

Offline luckydog35

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: yellow perch around ventura/clear lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2015, 07:16 PM »
You would be better suited to make west o.

Not much for perch around clear lake.

Good luck

Offline JKL

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2015, 07:34 PM »
Thanks lucky dog! Maybe i will stick with yellow bass. I know there is plenty of those.

Offline mission

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2015, 07:15 AM »
it will be a few years before the two perch lakes come back around after the dnr projects on them. it sucks they did them both at the same time! hope it pays off in the long run.

Offline Ihawkangler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2015, 12:53 PM »
Been to both Okoboji and Clear in the past few weeks and Okoboji is definitely the spot for perch.  Clear has some, but they are small.  Maybe some locals can offer better specific advice.  The bigger yellows were in the big lake not the small lake as of last weekend.  Plenty of folks fishing for them and the guys at the local bait shop can help you out.  If you have the time and want to use a guide, there is a good one that you can find with a quick Internet search that I have used a couple of times.  Sorry, cannot name names due to site rules against promoting non advertising sponsors.

Offline Bockster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2015, 03:44 PM »
If you're heart stroked on perch you're best bet is fish the deeper holes in the Little Lake...But like said above...Most will be small. I've only caught one keeper which was 9" out there...Last season I fished the harbourage and caught about a dozenith nice perch through the ice but haven't been out there yet this season. Your best bet is fish the main lake for Yellows...No real specific spots, just stay mobile. Start at 8 fo. And keep moving...Aren't picky fish. Just have to experiment with lures. My personal fav. Is a tungsten with cutbait or spikes...Not much luck with spoons...While others strictly use spoons and have no luck with the jigs

Offline JKL

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2015, 09:38 PM »
Thanks for the help guys. Much appreciate!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.