Author Topic: shanty anchors  (Read 3295 times)

Offline NJ PIKER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Huntin 4 Forties
shanty anchors
« on: Jan 07, 2006, 08:13 PM »
hello fellow icenuts

have been reading alot about bobberstops anchors in older
posts but none of the links are working
would appreciate pictures ,insructions or a link
that still works

thanks
NJ PIKER :tipup:

Big BAIT :tipup: Big ESOX                                                                   <><      }*)))))))))))))))))))><{

Offline BassHouse

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: shanty anchors
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2006, 05:29 PM »
These are the best things I have ever used.  They are ice climbing anchors and they twist right into the ice with ease, hold fast, and twist right out when your done.  I use two on my shack on opposite corners and never have an issue with wind.  I also use carabeners to attach them to some eye-bolts on my shack so there is no rope to stretch, break, or freeze.  I paid 12.99 each but was well worth it.

Offline coboy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2006, 09:36 PM »
Piker ,if you're talking bobberstops with slip bobbers I've never used them ice fishing except early on.If you're talking anchors for my Eskimo Traveller in the wind,I use 6" self tapping screws and a cordless drill and it works great!

Offline ChenBassHead

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Bandito
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2006, 09:58 PM »
coboy-  he means ice anchors built by Bobberstop, a member and fellow moderator from Indiana.  :)  His ice anchors really are the best I've seen.

-Zach

Offline UncleFluffy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2006, 07:42 AM »
I couldn't agree with you more Basshouse.  I got a set this year, and I can't believe I put up with those T-Handle pieces of junk for so long.  How long have you been using yours?

Kent Vanderploeg

Put Them Back...Put Them All Back.

Offline NJ PIKER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Huntin 4 Forties
« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2006, 07:58 AM »
basshouse those anchors look nice way better
than my T handles
chenbasshead knows what I'm talking about
need some pictures or contact info.for these anchors :tipup:

Big BAIT :tipup: Big ESOX                                                                   <><      }*)))))))))))))))))))><{

Offline UncleFluffy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2006, 05:54 PM »
They are Irbis brand anchors or ice screws as they are sometimes called.  I found mine at REI.com, but I believe others may have them as well. You might be able to find them on eBay from time to time, but don't get sticker shock from looking at other models.  There are quite a few that will run $50 a piece, but these are around $13.  Instead of using a carbiner to connect to it, I picked up a couple of spring loaded ones from the hardware section of Lowes or Home Depot.  You will never even think about the T-Handle style anchors again.  Good luck!
Kent Vanderploeg

Offline RUGERGUNZ

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 14, 2006, 04:45 PM »
I found some like these online with free shipping.  It is a different brand but look exactly the same.  I will probably order some soon.

http://www.mgear.com/pages/product/product.asp/imanf/Climb+High/idesc/Titanium+Ice+Screw+%2D+18+cm/Store/MG/item/625149/level3_id/0/level1_id/0/level2_id/0/N/0

I hope posting links is OK, I have no affiliation with this company and have never done business with them, just want to help others get the best deal.

Offline NJ PIKER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Huntin 4 Forties
« Reply #8 on: Jan 15, 2006, 05:26 PM »
thanks for the info
ordering a set tonite
hope we get some ice to use them :tipup:

Offline RUGERGUNZ

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 19, 2006, 07:26 PM »
I ordered some from the link I posted previously and they came quick.  They are actually Irbis brand even though the website listed something different.

HOLY COW!  These things work!  Thanks to Basshouse for first showing these.  I highly recommend this style over the T-handle's.  I still was never able to get a T-handle to drill into ice.

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 20, 2006, 07:32 AM »
i plow my T-handles right in? those thing look a little difficult to get started, is that true or do they just look that way ???

Offline NJ PIKER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Huntin 4 Forties
« Reply #11 on: Jan 20, 2006, 08:24 AM »
ruger >  ordered 4 to get the lower price
and free shipping . all I need is some ice
to test them .they should arrive today :tipup:

Offline NJ PIKER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Huntin 4 Forties
« Reply #12 on: Jan 20, 2006, 08:46 AM »
spoke too soon
just came fed ex in 4 days
will give a report as soon as I
get some ice :tipup:

Offline DaveRT

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 20, 2006, 12:00 PM »
They work like a hot knife through butter.
"Give a man a fish to feed him for a day. Teach him to ice fish and he will spend all his time ice fishing and spend all his money on gear and beer."

Offline UncleFluffy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 22, 2006, 08:01 AM »
Archbishop, they go in so much faster and easier that the old T-handle.  I could probably have 4 of them in the ice in the same time it would take to put 1 old t-handle in. 
Kent Vanderploeg

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 22, 2006, 09:57 AM »
 :o it takes me about 30 seconds to put 1 T-handle in, they just take 10 sec. to get started then i just smack the T and they spin right down. what kind of T-handles tou you use that takes along time? i got mine with my eskimo shanty, heck my buddy got some from wally world, same thing, just alot of down force to get them stared then just smack the top, the screw themselves down with very little effort :tipup:

Offline NJ PIKER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Huntin 4 Forties
« Reply #16 on: Jan 22, 2006, 06:57 PM »
tried mine today
put a little pressure on them for a couple
of twists and they went right in.
even screwed them in after starting them with
just my finger in the hole and spinning them
spun them out with one finger too.
way easier than t handles :tipup:

Offline UncleFluffy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 23, 2006, 08:09 PM »
These things are so fast that you could probably have 2-3 of them screwed down in 30 seconds.  Like NJPiker said, one finger spins these things.  And, they don't bend in a heavy windload.  The T-Handle anchors I used to use were from Gander I believe.
Kent Vanderploeg

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Jan 24, 2006, 07:52 AM »
man, you guys are making a hell of a statement, i may have to go buy some just to check them out :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.