Author Topic: Swedish Pimple treble hooks  (Read 2883 times)

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
Swedish Pimple treble hooks
« on: Jan 18, 2015, 04:28 AM »
Does anyone know what size treble hooks come with the size 2 (1/10 ounce) Swedish Pimples? 

Offline Oldbear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Swedish Pimple treble hooks
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2015, 04:31 AM »
No, but maybe size 12.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2015, 05:02 AM »
Thank you

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2015, 10:51 AM »
I just found an old catalog from lurepartsonline.com and double checked it against the size chart and you're right size 12. 

Offline Cotacatchers

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No Bad Day on Ice
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2015, 07:23 PM »
Fyi.  I replace most of my trebles with Owner st 36 hooks super sticky.  I replace all my darter ( off topic)  hooks with these and catch ratio went through the roof .
They are expensive but worth the money

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2015, 07:46 PM »
Thanks for the tip, I never heard of them.  Where do you get them I never saw them in any of the local shops.

Offline Cotacatchers

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No Bad Day on Ice
« Reply #6 on: Jan 18, 2015, 07:49 PM »
May be hard to find at local shop , Google search ect.  Cabelas had em . However I buy mine from barlows.com
Lure parts online had em to but Barlows has the small # 12 size
Be careful because they are super super sharp and sticky.
Good luck

Offline cold_feet

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice is Cool!!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 19, 2015, 06:34 AM »
If you are swapping out hooks go with either a chemical or laser sharpened hook. Steer clear of the bargain Mustad bronze hooks or Eagle claws bronze.  Eagle claw or Mustad Lazer hooks stick well those are fine but anything with the dark brown or Bronze finish or even those chrome hooks you will miss fish.  Owners hooks are great I've used them on some lures I built they stick you when you look at them but very pricey. VMC makes a great hook too  along with Gamakatsu. Ive ordered from here a couple times he isn't bad price wise but shop around I've seen some better prices out and about.  One note Walley world has some number 12s their selection is not great or at times Dicks has them too and I hate them two stores. but if you need a small amount it might be worth a trip. 

http://www.captainhookswarehouse.com/index.cfm?page=products&manid=0&catid=12&sizeid=0&view=1&offset=1

Offline Cotacatchers

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No Bad Day on Ice
« Reply #8 on: Jan 19, 2015, 11:36 AM »
hey feet , never heard of this co.   i just check out his site , they are pricey just did comparison on the mustad 32798 jig hooks i use to make bass jigs, FYI only Cap Hook is 23.00 per 100 ct Barlows tackle is 14.00 per 100 ct.
thanks for the additional source

Offline cold_feet

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice is Cool!!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 19, 2015, 02:59 PM »
CotaCatchers

I always price shop my supplies like everyone should do. Once you know the part number or product number then simply Google search it by those numbers and manufacturer. Capt hook is by far not the cheapest out there but on some jig hooks I ordered he did have the VMC hooks in sizes 12 and 10 which are a killer little hook. He does have a massive assortment of hooks though.  Price wasn't bad shipping was fine and I got them in no time so I respect that. What kills me on some of these prices is shipping. That's big in my books so a place like Netcraft goes on money spent not weight that's not cool IMO but they are one of my suppliers and yeah you got to bite the bullet every now and then. I got Barlows books here I think I used them a couple times and no complaints.  I also check out Ebay for hooks and supplies at times there are killer prices there too. So as I always said price shop it and know what you are buying like a car or truck don't get suckered into the first one you see. 

Offline Cotacatchers

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No Bad Day on Ice
« Reply #10 on: Jan 19, 2015, 07:18 PM »
Agree with VMC.  Very good hooks too
I've used Barlows and Stamina which is now LurePartsOnline. For about 15 years
Anybody else have hook outlet I would appreciate info.   Outlet other than what was mentioned plus Jann's Mudhole and Hagens , thanks in advance.  Be safe.  T.  C.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11 on: Jan 19, 2015, 08:45 PM »
Gamakatsu trout treble hook. Amazingly sharp hooks.
EYECONICFISHING

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.