Author Topic: Shappell Rover 1.5 shanty over Pro  (Read 1736 times)

Offline skulldugary

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Shappell Rover 1.5 shanty over Pro
« on: Jan 06, 2006, 08:52 PM »
Had my mind made up to pick up my new Fish Trap Pro and after checking them out and seeing the door was only like 3 1/2' tall and when you sit in it you can't see straight out of the door,you have to lean over.I guess being 6'7" does'nt help so I ended up getting the Rover 1.5 and now that I got it I'm glad I did,more room,sets up easily,good quality and I think I'm really going to like it.I've already started making my own upgrades,swivel boat sear instead of bench,retracktable rod holders and such..Does anyone else have a Rover and if so how do you like it?

Offline FishDaddy09

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Shappell Rover 1.5 shanty over Pro
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2006, 11:01 PM »
I just got one and my buddy liked mine so he got one too.I can't say to much about it, can't use it with no ice. But i did get out with it once and I'm happy so far.
There is nothing in the world I'd rather do than ice fish!

Offline Poppy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2006, 06:36 AM »
I have one of the first Rovers to come out.  Had it for over 2 years.  Absolutely love it.  Mine has the flat bench seat, but it is still pretty comfortable.  Good quality, light weight and I love the windbreak feature.  Good luck and be safe.

Offline backatit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2006, 10:28 AM »
Don't have a Rover but I do have a 3000DX.  I had trouble with the zipper and Shappell sent me a complete new cover with installation instructions.  All I needed was the receipt (warranty was for 1 year) and a couple pictures.  If you have any problems you'll definitely get good customer satisfaction. 

Offline Indiana_Lou

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2006, 07:49 PM »
Skull, I have the Dx 3000 for when I have two or more buddies going with me and I also have the Rover 1.0. I could use a little more width to it since I'm 6'3" 235#. But I do appreciate the ease at which it sets up and can be handled by myself. My friend just purchased the 2.0 and it's really nice. Dble front doors that zip plus an access in the back to put stuff in the 12" deep sled. If it wasn't for the 71# I'd replace my Dx3000 with it. I think the flip overs are much more convenient to set up or move. The 1.5 is basically the same as the 2.0 but it's 21"  narrower and weighs 64#. I like the fact that all the Shappells have black coverings and tend to really absorb the sun's energy to help heat it.
What ever you get, it sure beats sitting out there in the cold wind.  Lou

Offline skulldugary

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 07, 2006, 09:02 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys......LOL ....Lou,I'm 6'7" and 270 so the1.0 was a little small and the 2.0 was more than I needed.Going Monday to pick up a swivel boat seat for it,got my rid holders made and in,just some tweeking left and I'm ready...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.