The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: 'Magog Reports?  (Read 1623 times)

Offline bradleyj

• IceShanty Rookie
'Magog Reports?
« on: Jan 15, 2015, 07:09 AM »
My son and I are heading up to camp tomorrow to fish over the weekend.  Does anyone have any recent reports on perch fishing on Memphramagog?

Offline Raven71

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: 'Magog Reports?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2015, 07:26 AM »
Last weekend there was 12 inches plus of ice.  The perch were hitting good for me all weekend at Strawberry Acres. Alot of 10 -12 inchers caught.

Offline KayakerB

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Well done is better than well said
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2015, 09:41 PM »
I was up last weekend. The ice was a solid 12" cars driving on ano all over the place. Perch bite was good. We took home over 20 each day fishing for about 4 hours each day. Medium shiners were the key to catching the big ones. We caught one 12" long each day, the rest averaged around 8"

Offline bradleyj

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2015, 10:13 AM »
Are you fishing those minnows on tip ups or jigs?

Offline KayakerB

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Well done is better than well said
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2015, 02:35 PM »
We were using minnows on tipups and on a jigging pole. We only put in 7 traps for 2 of us because the action was nonstop.

Offline ice fiend

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • im a die hard ice fishing addict 'nuff said
« Reply #5 on: Jan 16, 2015, 05:46 PM »
We were using minnows on tipups and on a jigging pole. We only put in 7 traps for 2 of us because the action was nonstop.
cars in the shop im getting anxious i wanna go so bad :-\
i told myself id be back by 2 i guess i didnt factor in that the fish were biting

Offline Blackink

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 16, 2015, 06:47 PM »

Non-stop action.....ya gotta like them words!

Offline bradleyj

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 17, 2015, 06:46 PM »
Slow for us today at Strawberry Acres. Only 7 medium perch and a dozen or so smelt; all jigging. Tough to fish tipups because it was so cold.

Offline stimpyNEK

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 18, 2015, 03:36 PM »
fishing was hot today,perch bit extremely well
Its T shirt weather until you can actually die of hypothermia

Offline ice fiend

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 18, 2015, 04:29 PM »
strawberry? going tuesday
i told myself id be back by 2 i guess i didnt factor in that the fish were biting

Offline stimpyNEK

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 18, 2015, 04:30 PM »
farther out...by beans bay
Its T shirt weather until you can actually die of hypothermia

Offline ice fiend

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 18, 2015, 04:42 PM »
k

Offline Leafmountain10

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 20, 2015, 07:46 AM »
Fished both Saturday and Sunday.  Pressure crack just south of the twins going all the way to the western shore.  With the weather (cold then wind on Sunday),  it was hard to explore around but the wind died down on Sunday around 2 and we were able to locate the perch.  Lost a large fish (trout/salmon) Tip ups seem to catch the slabbers consistently.  Didn't matter what we were using at one point.   Caught 10 or so white perch on Saturday.   Not common for my spot.  Saw a few snow machines crossing the crack later in the day on Sunday.  I'd love to hear some reports from South Bay but have a feeling the guys there are tight lipped. 

Offline mempfree

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 20, 2015, 11:49 AM »
Scrambler1, you must not work during the winters, as you are always on here posting?  Leafmountain10, yes there is a pressure crack, that runs across, Lake Mempfremagog, south of the twin islands.  I heard this from my bro and sister. 

Offline mempfree

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 20, 2015, 12:34 PM »
Sorry Scrambler1, if I sound like you don't work during the winter.  You must have a Summer Job, which pays good money, so you can have the Winter off.  A lot of people have that, here in Vermont.  I am retired now, so I can go out now, when I want to. ;D

Offline ice fiend

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Jan 20, 2015, 03:50 PM »
fished strawberry today perch bite was hot until around noon than shut right off got some slabbers a few were puking up inch long baby smelt. set tips for perch and was running trying to keep up. also lost big fish snapped line id like to say salmon or trout but unsure. pretty sure i caught a pike hybrid also didnt take picture but if itwasnt than it was the biggest pickeral of my life easily 3-4 pounds what a day

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.