Author Topic: New Striker Ice suit...just waiting!!  (Read 981 times)

Offline Weskimo1

• Team IceShanty Regular
New Striker Ice suit...just waiting!!
« on: Jan 13, 2015, 05:12 PM »
How is it that my wife can order haircare products, and receive them via snail mail faster than Fedex can ship my new Striker Ice Suit...the wait is agonizing!! Can't wait to try it out...any care recommdations or heads up for the Predator suit??

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
Re: New Striker Ice suit...just waiting!!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2015, 05:19 PM »
Just prepare to have the best damn suit u could possibly wear! Good choice!
                Except the hard water, unless you shanty fish, the predator is prolly better for that!!

Offline Fishking83

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2015, 05:33 PM »
Don't get too excited about getting it fast.  I ordered mine Thanksgiving weekend and it came early January.

Offline Weskimo1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2015, 05:51 PM »
It shows it has shipped and should be here tomorrow ...and yes, chose it over the hardwater because I typically shanty fish with a little buddy heater...my fishing partner is 12..the warmer he is..the longer we fish...lol

Offline IceSkak

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2015, 06:14 PM »
I got the Hardwater and love it. Order mine from Amazon and got it about four days later.

Offline DannyBoy74

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 13, 2015, 09:22 PM »
Love mine. I think you will be very happy with it.

Offline backstrapassasin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 2015, 09:44 PM »
Do You Guys.Machine.Wash.them? I've Got The Hardware Suit And Love It. Washed It Once Tho And Felt Like It Lost Warmth. Could Be Just The Temps Tho

Offline tater140

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 15, 2015, 06:49 AM »
I was going to wash mine at the end of last year, but was scared to do it.  I have read posts that others have washed it with no problems, but it's so dang warm I hate to see it change.  Maybe it's because I washed a cheap hunting jacket on time, it came out no thicker then a sweatshirt afterwards.

Offline Fishbones'

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Listen to Slayer.
« Reply #8 on: Jan 15, 2015, 06:56 AM »
My second year using the predator suit and i love it.  Money well spent for comfort, safety, and warmth!!

Offline PTOjim

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 15, 2015, 09:02 AM »
Just a reminder that Pro Tackle Outfitters in Ft Wayne is a Striker dealer with Predator models in stock. Just recieved an order with more coming soon! Please keep us in mind.

Offline coopason

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • oops missed another 1,no wait ahh FEEL it
« Reply #10 on: Jan 15, 2015, 11:20 AM »
I have the striker lite Bibs and Jacket, wore the combo last year when it was -19 heading out for a 6 mile run on Erie. Toasty warm, pockets, more pockets. Love the suit. Got mine from Korky's Spring of 2013 on sale.

Thought the Guidewear insulated combo was warm, poor guidewear doesn't get much use any more..

coop .02 cents
Coopason

Offline crappie66

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 15, 2015, 12:44 PM »
Do You Guys.Machine.Wash.them? I've Got The Hardware Suit And Love It. Washed It Once Tho And Felt Like It Lost Warmth. Could Be Just The Temps Tho

I washed mine twice last season with cold water and hung to air dry.   I originally thought there was no effect.

It is still as warm as ever, but the waterproofing is gone.

I first realized it on a boat trip in late fall, it was drizzling -- it soaked all the way through.

I purchased  NIKWAX TX.Direct Wash-In Waterproofer before the ice season and tried that.  The first couple trips this year it seemed to bead off water, but about two weeks ago it was drizzling/raining/sleeting and I again got soaked.  Had to take shelter in the Frabill and hang it over the heater for more than an hour before I could put the coat back on.

Real fisherman don't yield to the weather.

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #12 on: Jan 15, 2015, 12:47 PM »
Why all the washing, carry a towel to wipe your hands on, dry clean mine at end of season, never had a problem!!

Offline Fish_Tko

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 15, 2015, 07:13 PM »

I wash mine in fish slime. ;D
There is only one theory about angling in which I have perfect confidence, and this is that the two words, least appropriate to any statement, about it, are the words "always" and "never."

Offline kevs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Jan 17, 2015, 07:07 AM »
Can't speak for washing the Striker suits, but have had no problems or adverse affects to my Artic Armor suit. Cold water wash, delicate cycle, 1/4 cup Borax and 1/4 cup Arm & Hammer washing soda or I have used the laundry soap made for camo/hunting clothes. Hang dry. Have tossed it in the dryer when it was damp (not saturated) on a low/no heat delicate cycle and didn't cause any problems.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.