Author Topic: Silver lake  (Read 760 times)

Offline chenzo

• IceShanty Rookie
Silver lake
« on: Jan 13, 2015, 08:25 AM »
Took my two kids 8 and 6 to silver lake last weekend, ice was not great, drilled about 20 holes, by hand, had only 6 flags all day. Kids hung tough but got discouraged . Can anyone point me to an area , and I'm not looking for a honey hole or 10lb fish, just to get some flags. I don't care if it's only bluegills. Just trying to keep the kids interested. I know I'm gonna get a lot of laughs and not much help, but I gotta try. Thanks for any help

Offline CatDaddy

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Silver lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2015, 08:49 AM »
i have had good luck in the cove that you pass on the way in.  Lots of bullhead over there. also do good about 50 yards staight out from boat launch. Always get pickeral there. Make sure your safe out there with the kids.

Offline BWB-ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2015, 09:09 AM »
Chenzo,
Are you talking Silver lake in Berlin/Meriden? If so most do pretty well there with steady flags...nothing huge but steady.
Stay on the west side.  Also, what are you using for bait??? Medium shiners should keep you busy.
And for the kids...get some inexpensive jigging rods and tip a small jig with some bait (spikes/mousies) and the panfish action should be good as well.
I'll probably be there this weekend...
Good luck!
"If I fished only to capture fish, my fishing trips would have ended long ago". Zane Grey

"The water you touch in a river is the last of that which has passed, and the first of that which is coming; thus it is with time". Leonardo DaVinci

Offline Penn920

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2015, 10:29 AM »
Put on a whole dilly worm or half a nightcrawler. Guaranteed a flag if you set up near weed edges. Always worked for me when I've taken a person new to ice fishing out.  :tipup: Also very good in trout lakes or catfish lakes...

Offline chenzo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2015, 11:13 AM »
Thank guys, I and the kids appreciate the help

Offline BIGD103

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 13, 2015, 03:52 PM »
pete PM me. We need to get together for an ice trip tis winter. Im the one from durham we fished bashan and gardners when you caught the 26in eye.

Offline JohnnyJigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 2015, 01:38 PM »
Is that dredge pipe still in the lake?
Bite on my line
The man known as JohnS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.