Author Topic: Eskimo Grand Caravan or ?  (Read 3835 times)

PIKEGUY

Eskimo Grand Caravan or ?
« on: Jan 05, 2006, 11:41 AM »
Ok, A friend of mine and I are going in on a new shack together. We are looking to fish the two of us way more comfortably as well as 3 comfortably. 4 may be an option for warming up on really cold days. I am thinking either the Eskimo Grand Caravan or the Quick flip III but leaning towards the GC albeit they are heavy. Also considered a Frabil Triplex, but I'm not sure. I always figure what "they" call a 3 man will fit 4 but it will be kind of cramped. I've always been a fan of Eskimo's products and customer service :thumbsup:. Does anyone use any of these? If so what do you like/dislike about them? Thanks in advance ;)

Adam

Offline CrappieGuy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 715-379-2376
Re: Eskimo Grand Caravan or ?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2006, 02:38 PM »
I would lean towards the QF III just because of the weight consideration.  You would still need a 4 wheeler or snowmobile to pull it any distance and need two people to load and unload it.  The QF III is also shorter when packed that the other two by  3.5" on the Grand Caravan & 5" on the Triplex.   Also the bench seat makes seating more flexible than the Triplex, not sure if you would get 4 people in it though.  I have several products from Eskimo and they have all held up well and their customer support is very good.  It all comes down to personal preference, go to farm & fleet or fleet farm they should have all 3 on display.  Walmart also usually has the eskimos, not sure if they have the III or QC, I know they have the QF II. 

If weight is not a considerartion I would go with the Grand Caravan for size and seating flexability.

PIKEGUY

« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2006, 03:19 PM »
Well, it is and it isn't ;D We are 24 and 25 and would only take it if we were going together and could take turns. Otherwise I've got my wheeler for the places (few) that I can take it on.

PIKEGUY

« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2006, 08:18 AM »
Anybody else have thoughts on this?

Offline therasker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2006, 02:09 PM »
I have the QFIII, and I can load it myself.  It fits nicely into my 6' bed.  It is tough to pull across the lake by hand esp if there is snow.  I love the house though.  Great for two people, three can fit, but not good if a lot of lines are dropping at once.   Four holes are well spaced inside the house. 

I take the QFIII out by myself nearly everytime I go out.  It is my castle when solo!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.