Author Topic: PT. Abino  (Read 616 times)

Offline AON09

• Team IceShanty Regular
PT. Abino
« on: Jan 12, 2015, 10:31 AM »
I was curious if anyone had checked out Pt. Abino and if its fish-able yet? Thanks!

Offline PoCo Loco

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I'm willin' to do the drillin'
Re: PT. Abino
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2015, 01:34 PM »
A buddy of mine lives in Crystal Beach. He advised last weekend that there was ice as far as he could see but did not step out on to it.

It is definitely NOT safe yet. Judging by the satelite imagery from the last few days, recent heavy winds from the NE broke most of it up and started to push it out of the eastern basin.

http://coastwatch.glerl.noaa.gov/modis/modis.php?region=e&page=1

I can confirm that Sugarloaf Marina in Port Colborne has safe fishable ice inside the breakwall, but you'll likely only catch a handful of dinky perch. I also heard they are perch fishing in Long Point Bay out of St. Williams.

Offline Duece Jiggalo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2015, 02:37 PM »
This is a picture from Sunday looking over the Eastern Basin towards Buffalo.  Similar to last year, there is a lot of shove-ice along the shores, and once the ice is safe, it's going to be a bumpy ride heading out to the perching grounds.  The ice is by no means safe right now.  It's going to take 7-14 days of cold and lower winds this week to get solid and safe.  I'll try to become an active member on this forum and will update with any new news.  I live across the street from the lake, so I'll be watching for any tracks headed out (and coming back in!!)

Offline AON09

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2015, 03:00 PM »
Awesome thank you!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.