Author Topic: Blue Tipz tipup alarm system  (Read 3127 times)

Offline Walleye23

• IceShanty Rookie
Blue Tipz tipup alarm system
« on: Jan 11, 2015, 05:09 PM »
Just a fair warning to anyone planning to use these over 100' away, they don't work! They advertise up to 600', but that's a bunch of BS. I even bought the repeater because I wanted to cover more distance, but the farthest I can get a signal with the repeater is 75'. These are great if you are going to be very close to your tipups, but then what's the point. I was very excited about these and am now very dissapointed! BUYERS BEWARE!

(Report Abuse)

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Blue Tipz tipup alarm system
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2015, 05:11 PM »
return them to where you bought them - not as advertised

Offline lynng

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2015, 07:03 PM »
I have them and have not had this problem. Mine work well over 100 yards (300 ft.) without benefit of the repeater. I really like them and just ordered some more. I have found the company to be extraordinarily responsive to my questions. Have you contacted them for help? They also have several videos about things that affect the range of the transmitters.

Offline Walleye23

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2015, 07:41 AM »
I have contacted the company and have done everything they told me to increase the range. They still do not work over 100ft.

Offline redgoose99

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2015, 06:45 AM »
Wish I would have seen this last week.  I picked up a couple.  Worked fine in the house when the phone was 10 inches away.   Didn't work when I was on the ice.  Had a couple of tip up on the ice, no more than 100 ft from house.  No notification when the flag went up.  Big disappointment.

Offline pike basshole

• IceShanty Rookie
  • fishon
« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2015, 12:35 AM »
I have 2 I bought last year,they both worked at 300 paces toe to heal...i have a galaxy s4 active,I'm curious  what phones you guys have that are having range issues?
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!

Offline Raynestorm

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 28, 2015, 11:01 AM »
These work great with a good phone, not all phones are equal.

So do not blame the product, when its most likely the phone. 

I have no problems using my galaxy s4 after fully updated.  Before all updates, it didn't work overly great.

Blue tipz sends out a simple blue tooth signal when active, it's the phones ability( or lack of) to receive the signal, that determines how far away you can be.

I have had these since they were first released.  At first, they were just "ok", but upgraded phones and updated the app, and it was noticeably better.  This year, the app was updated again, and I can get some really good range now.   The company keeps updating the app and it keeps getting better.  As phones get better, so will the range.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.