Author Topic: Summit  (Read 5861 times)

Offline justjigginthru

• IceShanty Rookie
Summit
« on: Jan 10, 2015, 05:06 AM »
Heading toward Summit Lake in Beaver Creek I have so many clothes on I can't move.  I will be in my Blue Clam Stay Warm!!!!

Offline justjigginthru

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Summit
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2015, 05:52 PM »
There was a lot of people out enjoying the day. I kept 22 gills  and one nice perch. It was great to be out  again on about 4 good inches of ice.

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2015, 06:19 PM »
Thanks for the report, glad you made it out today!  I have to get back down there this year.

Offline 206 kendall

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2015, 06:25 PM »
Haven't fished Summit for several years, but look forward to trying again. Are they still parking along road by the bay?

Offline ValparaisoGirl

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2015, 06:31 PM »
I'm gonna miss those big bay gills.   :'(

Offline marmooskapaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2015, 10:07 PM »
I'm gonna miss those big bay gills.   :'(

Where are you going?
Paul

Offline jrobins403

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 2015, 10:22 PM »
has anyone notice how trashy some of the people are at summit? we were at beaver creek today and i couldn't believe some of the people there just left empty bottles, piles of cigarette butts, junk food wrappers it was more than me and my wife could carry out gonna be a shame when we lose that spot.

Offline Stinkybaits

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2015, 05:40 AM »
has anyone notice how trashy some of the people are at summit? we were at beaver creek today and i couldn't believe some of the people there just left empty bottles, piles of cigarette butts, junk food wrappers it was more than me and my wife could carry out gonna be a shame when we lose that spot.

Trashies.... Gota love them!  :nono:

Offline robwalker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 11, 2015, 07:00 AM »
went to summit Saturday and managed to get a mess of gills!! nice to get back on the ice its been a couple years!!!

Offline Doug75

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 11, 2015, 09:21 AM »
My son and I were out in the afternoon until dark and only managed 1 18" walleye. We were at the causeway and no one over there was setting anything on fire. Ice was 6" plus in many areas.

Offline TylerRyan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 11, 2015, 09:47 AM »
Fished the main boat ramp yesterday, and it was very slow.  Managed 12 keeper gills in about 4 hours with no dinks, everything we caught was decent size.  Still be careful on the ice, in one spot I was on 6 solid inches, but just 15 feet away from us I drilled maybe 2....  Taking my wife out for her first time this afternooon.  Hope we get on some good fish

Offline ValparaisoGirl

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 11, 2015, 08:28 PM »
Where are you going?
Paul

I've done moved back home to Valparaiso.  Are ya coming up here for the derbies?

Offline marmooskapaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 11, 2015, 09:55 PM »
I've done moved back home to Valparaiso.  Are ya coming up here for the derbies?

I know not, of these derbies you speak of. These last derby I participated in was the 1974 Pinewood Derby...and I won it!!!
Paul

Offline smoke_eater

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 16, 2015, 10:23 AM »
Heading to summit tonight...should be on the ice by 5!
Greatest quote ever "Whatcha going to do...fish your life away"...well hell yes!!!

Offline quikfire

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 16, 2015, 11:29 AM »
Good luck smoke-eater, its been a tuff bite for me the last few days other than dinks.

Offline marmooskapaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 16, 2015, 11:38 AM »
She's been a little tough so far this year...Might have something to do with the 6,784,334 gills removed last year during our record winter/ice...lol
Paul

Offline quikfire

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 16, 2015, 11:41 AM »
You could be on to something there Paul. LOL

Offline Boomer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Jan 16, 2015, 11:52 AM »
Anyone try the point out from the beach towards the main lake.  There are a couple of nice weed beds there and about 8 - 9 foot deep.  Catch quite a few in the spring and summer there.  Also, to the east of the islands is a nice area but what a walk (I just can't get myself to go that far.).

Offline smoke_eater

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 16, 2015, 12:29 PM »
She's been a little tough so far this year...Might have something to do with the 6,784,334 gills removed last year during our record winter/ice...lol
Paul

I didn't get to go out last year at all due to 4 screws and a plate in my right ankle... so I've got the itch!
Greatest quote ever "Whatcha going to do...fish your life away"...well hell yes!!!

Offline justjigginthru

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Jan 16, 2015, 04:46 PM »
Summit was a bust today. Small fish only 3 keepers. Some fish were caught not many.

Offline smoke_eater

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Jan 18, 2015, 08:22 AM »
Me and the boy made it out yesterday and it was a slow day... We did catch 5 perch, 1 keeper and we also caught 5 walleyes and I'm going to say that 3 of those were keepers , but not having a tape measure that was left in the truck we only kept 1 of the 5!
It was kinda weird out there! I didn't see a gill or crappie all day! I figured that the front that pushed through shut the panfish off! The perch and eyes were so so Saturday!

Offline Scottio43

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Jan 18, 2015, 09:20 AM »
It seams all I can catch out there this year is short eyes and dink perch. But I do tend to run from the Masses.

Offline bobber_Walker32

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Jan 18, 2015, 08:32 PM »
Which side of the parking were u on? I was there today started on the south west side and moved to the south east side... Plenty of dinks southwest... More keepers further east, I still only got about half a dozen keepers, and the bite was a lol more consistent... Slow hard day... Not to mention, I left to watch the COLTS and now I'm wishing I would've stayed

Offline smoke_eater

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Jan 18, 2015, 08:51 PM »
Which side of the parking were u on? I was there today started on the south west side and moved to the south east side... Plenty of dinks southwest... More keepers further east, I still only got about half a dozen keepers, and the bite was a lol more consistent... Slow hard day... Not to mention, I left to watch the COLTS and now I'm wishing I would've stayed
We came in on the east side and walked clear to the cut right east of the causeway! We did our best to the north of that and they seem to like the real small jigs tipped with spikes! My biggest eye was 19"!

Offline bobber_Walker32

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Jan 19, 2015, 01:43 PM »
Nice... I heard that area was dead.... Didn't even venture that way, gonna have to state listening to my gut a lol more

Offline smoke_eater

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Jan 19, 2015, 04:26 PM »

Offline quikfire

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #26 on: Jan 19, 2015, 04:49 PM »
nice job.

Offline THE GILL PILL

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Jan 19, 2015, 05:04 PM »
Nice eye pimple or jiggin rap?

Offline Cooper06

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Jan 19, 2015, 05:08 PM »
Very nice!!

Offline smoke_eater

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Jan 19, 2015, 09:51 PM »
Thanks guys...gill It was a little panfish jig. I will take a pic of it tomorrow and post it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.