Author Topic: Zelma or Bradwell  (Read 2819 times)

Offline BIGSHOW

• IceShanty Rookie
Zelma or Bradwell
« on: Jan 04, 2006, 09:34 AM »
Has anyone been out to either of these lakes?
I was out at Bradwell last Thursday but never even had a bite.
It doesn't sound like thing are hopping at the strap.
I'm going to try Bradwell again today.

BIGSHOW

Offline APU GARCIA

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Saskatchewan
Re: Zelma or Bradwell
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2006, 02:35 PM »
Let us know how you make out BIGSHOW, I haven't been to Zelma or Bradwell in about 8 years.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!

APU
MY NAME IS APU, HOW DO YOU DO, NOW YOU GUNNA DIE!!!!!!

Offline Fish Master

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2006, 05:35 PM »
I've fished Zelma about 4 times this year with mixed success. The only fish to speak of have been 6 pike that we've landed out there, all of them about 2-4 pounds. I've seen one perch the entire time but will admit that I haven't explored the lake much. I've been told that there are walleye in there but I've had no luck so far. The big challenge I've found is finding any significant variations in depth. It all seems about the same everywhere I drill, 10-15ft. If anyone knows where to find some deeper spots or some basins I think those would be the places to try. I'll be hitting zelma again next week so hopefully I can have some success working some different areas so I'll post and let you know how I do.

Offline BIGSHOW

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2006, 10:10 AM »
We didn't get anything yesterday.  We didn't get out there till 4pm "after work".  We had 3 strong hits about 5pm but nothing that stayed on.  I had a large (8") smelt on a tip up that never got touched.  Had a couple of small nibbles on meal worms.  Packed up at 8pm with no luck.
We were in about 12 feet of water, out in the middle, a little closer to the west end.
Last time we tried in and around a large point near the pump house, 3-12 feet, no luck either.   
3 years ago we caught wallys and lots of perch out there.
I'll try once more then move shack somewhere else. Maybe the Strap.

Good Fishin
BIGSHOW

Offline Husser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2006, 11:26 AM »
BigShow: Where are you from? The Strap SUCKS!!! If you're from Saskatoon, there are better alternatives for an extra 15 min driving. Broderick is hot at the moment.

Offline BIGSHOW

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 05, 2006, 01:25 PM »
Yes, I'm from Saskatoon and I know Blackstrap sucks, that's why I haven't been there yet this year.  I wasted a lot of time there the last 2 year.  From what I've been reading lately it seems that Broderick is the place to be right now.  Might have to try it on the weekend.  Has anyone been catching walleyes or perch there, not that there's anything wrong with pike? 

Thanks
Keep your hooks in the water
BIGSHOW

Offline Morrison l d

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 05, 2006, 01:43 PM »
Has anyone been out to either of these lakes?
I was out at Bradwell last Thursday but never even had a bite.
It doesn't sound like thing are hopping at the strap.
I'm going to try Bradwell again today.

BIGSHOW
I called fisheries 2 weeks ago to see about Bradwell and was told that there are no longer any fish there at all believe too many chemicals in the runoff

Offline BIGSHOW

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 05, 2006, 02:22 PM »
Maybe I should stop going there then.  We did get a few bites. Must have been a Muskrat.

Thanks for the info

Offline fishy99

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 14, 2006, 11:52 AM »
Has anyone been out to the Bradwell res. lately? If you have please post back with some info. I am hoping to go there Monday and try my luck with some Jack rigs on tip-ups. If anyone has any stories, info, or pics from this year or last about Bradwell res. Let me know. Later and good luck all ya fishermen.

Offline Spicoli

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I fish therefore I am.
« Reply #9 on: Jan 14, 2006, 09:20 PM »
i don't know if i would bother

Offline king fisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 23, 2006, 06:58 AM »
my uncle go's to zelma he says it's pretty slow  all around and  they  arnt catching much at all so i dont kno :-\

Offline fishy99

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 28, 2006, 12:56 PM »
Has anyone been out to either Zelma or Bradwell in the last few weeks. Just wondering might think about make a trip out there some time this next week. Any info would be greatly appriciated. Later and post often  :o.

Offline Fish Master

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #12 on: Jan 28, 2006, 02:37 PM »
I was out there on thursday for about 6 hours. Moved around a lot trying anything and everything to get something but never even saw a fish. We must have drilled about 40 holes throughout the day. I don't know what to say about that lake. I had some luck for pike there early on in the season but thats been it. I'm starting to think its not really worth the effort out there

Offline friendly fishing

• IceShanty Rookie
  • keeping the fish on the line
« Reply #13 on: Jan 28, 2006, 06:21 PM »
I would like directions out to Bradwell please  :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.