Author Topic: Budget Bucket designs  (Read 1927 times)

Offline Bmac1131

• IceShanty Rookie
Budget Bucket designs
« on: Jan 06, 2015, 04:00 PM »
New to ice fishing - want to get going on a budget.  I've got a few 5gl buckets around the house, and am looking to get it set up to hold a few tip ups and a couple jigging rods.  Anyone have tips on modifying buckets to sit/hold bait/hold beverages/and your gear?  What have been your most useful additions?

Offline maddogg

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Budget Bucket designs
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2015, 06:20 PM »
Give this a try.
Try using the search tab at the top of the page.

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=155623.msg1521866#msg1521866

Offline JonPerry

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2015, 07:43 PM »
I can across some 7 gallon pails & quit using the 5's. I'm 6' & the 5 is a bit short for my taste. There's a company that makes a styrofoam insert for bait. Other than that, you can put a vex in the 1st & pile the rest on top.

Offline BIGCREW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2015, 05:44 PM »
Go to lowes or home depot and look at the bucket caddys they sell there are a number of different styles to choose from, you can buy a padded swivel seat for them also, if you want a taller bucket and cant find a 7 gal you can cut one off an inch or so below the ridges then stack it inside anothe one and it will raise it up a few inches you can rivet them togeather, another cool idea is called a lantern box do a search to check them out

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2015, 10:09 PM »
6 or 7 gal bucket, ht padded seat, filled with expanding foam to hold a plano box and 7ah battery, swing arm mount for hb 175 graph. I let my friends use this when they come with me.

Tips: pvc fittings can be used as rod holders
use expandable foam inside to make custom compartments
remove the metal handle and replace with rope and a piece of rubber hose - more comfortable to carry
you can string a pair of ropes through the normal handle mounting holes and create backpack like straps (think a trapping basket)
slide a 5 gal bucket inside a 6 or 7 to bring more stuff with you

Catchin' Fish

Offline Clear_Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2015, 10:53 AM »
6 or 7 gal bucket, ht padded seat, filled with expanding foam to hold a plano box and 7ah battery, swing arm mount for hb 175 graph. I let my friends use this when they come with me.

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

Tips: pvc fittings can be used as rod holders
use expandable foam inside to make custom compartments
remove the metal handle and replace with rope and a piece of rubber hose - more comfortable to carry
you can string a pair of ropes through the normal handle mounting holes and create backpack like straps (think a trapping basket)
slide a 5 gal bucket inside a 6 or 7 to bring more stuff with you

Not a bad setup there!

Go Beavers!

Offline Susky

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 2015, 07:58 PM »
I gorrilla glued 4 inch sections of PVC on the outside of my bucket to use as rod holders.  Hummingbird goes in the bottom with some light stuff on top.  I carry my other gear in a backpack leaving one hand for carrying my bucket and other to carry my Nils.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.