Author Topic: Many Thanks  (Read 582 times)

Offline Cool Cat

• Team IceShanty Regular
Many Thanks
« on: Jan 04, 2015, 09:42 PM »
I want to thank all of you that sent your condolences and prayers during this period in life that has been the  most devastating in my life.  I want you all to know I will  over come with help from support groups and my faith in God.  I went to church today for the first time in many years, too many years.  It was a start.  I want to mention a few that have been especially good to me.  Ice_Mike, FirstSergeant, and Crappiehunter, you guys have helped me a lot just with your PM's.  Thanks guys.  I will take you guys up on your offers at some point because I know to keep busy and keep doing the things I really like doing will help me out.  When my wife and I first met, I was a serious mess.  I was in a deep abyss of depression I didn't know there was a way out of.  She helped me out and brightened up my life like I never knew existed before.  Since I've been there and know how dark it is, it scares me to go back and it would be an injustice to her memory to go back there.  I love working with kids and I'm looking forward to going to derbies and if needed, I will sponsor a kid and help them along.  To show you how much I'm willing to help, I'll supply one child with a rod and tackle and take them fishing on the derby in Laporte, Indiana.  If you know of a kid that could really use it, plan on my being there and doing what I said.  My wife loved kids and thought it great I would get out there like that.  I'm an instructor for the state for Hunter's Ed. and work a lot with kids here in Cass County.  I work with a great team of guys and we've been awarded by the state for what we've done several times in the years I've been with them.  My wife would want me to continue doing what I'm doing and this is something new to me as far as the derbies go.  Also, the kids get some awesome jigs when I come up, really good looking ones I'm told are going to be killers for ice fishing.  All we can do is try them and see.  Dads, you can drool LOL.  I just want you guys n gals to know, I'm keeping a healthy outlook on this whole ordeal I'm going through and seeking the help with outreach groups I should have seen years ago.  She was a lovely lady in every sense and we were only married for 14 short months.  Now that we've got the weather, lets get out there and catch some fish.  Tight lines to all.  Semper Fi to my brothers.  Thank You All

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Many Thanks
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2015, 09:46 PM »
God bless you brother.  It's great to hear what you're going to do to help out a kid, my hat's off to you.  Semper Fi, we're all here for you.

Offline High Tide

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2015, 10:02 PM »
You're headed in the right direction... Stay positive, and we look forward to having you around as time heals.
I wish I was good at ice fishing!

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2015, 03:38 AM »
Yw cc. It was great watching people keep posting there condolences and support for you. You are a strong individual and I'm glad your late wife was able to help change your life forever!! Often times just a little help from someone we are close to can bring us out of depression. Tear em up c.f.!!!! :)

Offline Stinkybaits

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2015, 04:59 AM »
I can garuntee she would want you to thrive! Stay positive and keep your friends close. When people ask of there's anything they can do take them up on it your not a bother they genuinely want to help.

Offline TeacherPreacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 05, 2015, 07:23 AM »
Glad to see you are keeping positive and remembering the good times.
People grieve in different ways and there is no time line. Each person has to do it at their own pace and time and in their own way. Crying is good!!
When my son died I talked about him to my buddies, constantly!! I would recall something we did together and as time went by I thought to myself, "I bet they got tired of hearing that?" But that's what good friends do, they are there for you.

Like I told my ex-wife, "What are you going to do tomorrow? As much as it hurts, our loved one is gone and they aren't coming back. We are still here. The challenge for us is, what are we going to do tomorrow?"
I found like what you are doing, helped me the most. Doing something for some one else.

God Bless. Know others are praying for you.
Teach
Teacher Preacher
Life is short! Do all that you love to do as often as you can with those that you love!

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 05, 2015, 08:28 AM »
Its definitely good to hear that you made your way back to Church. Remembering that there is nothing we can do without God is key and that everything that happens is his will is the answer to every question.

Still praying for you brother!
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.