The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Fishphone tablit or phone Mods  (Read 549 times)

Offline bowhtr

• Team IceShanty Regular
Fishphone tablit or phone Mods
« on: Jan 03, 2015, 06:56 PM »
I was wondering what everyone is using to keep your phone or tablet dry and how are you mounting or holding them.  Using mine I have a hard time holding and catching fish.  I place it on the ice in a Ziploc bag but can't get the angle right.  I did a search and came up empty ???  Any help or pics would be nice
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º'>

BOWHTR

Offline Yelloweyes

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Fishphone tablit or phone Mods
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2015, 07:12 PM »
I find myself in the same predicament. I got the new Marcum Pan Cam and am using it with an IPad mini.  I like the system so far, but using it is difficult at best.  Today I got excited and dropped it in the slush inside the shanty.  So tonight I made a trip to WalMart and found a case that I hope will work.  It has ridges that are the same size as the poles in my pop up shelter.  So I am hoping that it will lock in snuggly between pole and the fabric.  Then the side that actually hold the tablet rotates 360 degrees allowing me to position the display to meet my needs.  Tomorrow is the trial run on this so I will let you know how it works, or if I need to make some modifications.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2015, 07:36 PM »
Otter Armor on my Iphone. 100% water proof to the point you can film underwater with it. Had a life proof case but after I dropped it while my phone was on it and the screen broke I switched to the Armor. If guess there are other Ottet Armer boxes for different models phones and tablets.

Offline 207 in the 406

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2015, 05:07 PM »
In the spring, right before I came out here, I found this in store, and tried my Galaxy S4 in it. Snug fit, but seemed like it would do well. Didn't pick one up, should have though. Different sizes available for tablets and other phones.
http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/87659?feat=511550-GN2&page=e-case-eseries-9-case-with-jack

As for angle, I keep a business card holder similar to this on my desk that cradles my phone pretty well while watching icefishing videos on YouTube when I'm bored at work! Seems like it might be easy enough to mount in to something else if needed.
Link: http://amzn.com/B00006IAKZ

Offline elksecutioner

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2015, 08:25 AM »
I have a soft case on my Samsung tablet and i stick the cover of the case behind the window covering or one of the structural poles on my tent and it will hang there just right.  It's also high enough for everyone to see.

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 05, 2015, 02:14 PM »
I use a waterproof case.

Ebay has a lot of these for cheap:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Waterproof-hyse-Pouch-Sleeve-Case-Protection-Skin-Bag-For-iPad-Mini-Tablet-JMHG-/191098823719?pt=US_Tablet_eReader_Cases_Covers_Keyboard_Folios&hash=item2c7e60a427

Just search tablet waterproof case.  Watch the shipping time.  Ice will be gone before some of those Chinese ship to you.

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong."  John Giera

Offline Evan_35

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 05, 2015, 04:08 PM »
I have seen some guys using http://www.rammount.com/ and mounting to their tackle box.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.