Author Topic: Aqua-Vu Mo-Pod 3  (Read 1925 times)

Offline Zern

• Team IceShanty Regular
Aqua-Vu Mo-Pod 3
« on: Jan 02, 2015, 05:57 PM »
Anyone have experience with this item Aqua-Vu Mo-Pod 3? Wondered how long the batteries last and if the remote worked thru the wall of the tent? Folks were saying that the wire hook would break if ya weren't careful. Thought I would ask before I drop 60 bucks for one.

zern

"Not One Step Back!"- General Leopold
May Your Blades Never Dull!

Offline PerchFace

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Aqua-Vu Mo-Pod 3
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2015, 06:00 PM »
Just got one off ebay. Waiting myself to see how it is once there is enough ice to use it. I have a camera and my pops has one. I found a aution on ebay for a marcum panner and a mopod 3 for 40 bucks. If you have patience look on ebay for some good deals.looks like ice will be here next week sometime so I'll message you again
Gunna freak fish out through the ice this year

Offline Mudslide

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2015, 08:07 PM »
I have both the Marcum and the AquaView. Both work well but the AquaView is a superior product. it's wireless and it sits above the hole. The Marcum has a cable and sits really low. Battery life is good for both products but I always carry spares just in case. If you have a camera you NEED a motorized positioner/panner or you will go nuts trying to adjust the camera all day. Many lakes have a slight current and even if they don't every time a fish swims by the water motion moves the camera a little bit.
[img width=257 height=80]http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc495/gert27/Stcroix-1-1.jpg[img width=257 height=80]

Offline huntsfurfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2015, 09:48 PM »
I have mopod 3's batterys good.  no problem with the hooks either.  I use mine outside the tent and have had no issues with the remote.

Also have earlier models mopod 2?  with that one some had issues with the hooks and I bought 3-4 replacements.  Still have not used them.  This model also wired to a small 12 volt battery so there were no problems with power.

I have had 3-4 Marcum paners and sold all but one.

Mo pod 3 is good!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.