New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE ERIE 2014/2015  (Read 106160 times)

Offline fishinjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • What doesnt kill a man makes him stronger
Re: LAKE ERIE 2014/2015
« Reply #780 on: Mar 21, 2015, 08:07 PM »
fishnjon,  You GET IT,....This is what we do and this is when we do it... we run the season as long as we can, just as our brothers on onieda do. its big water and weather can screw u in an instant. WE LIVE in the moment and if mother nature throws the curve..we have each other .......ps I have some great numbers for u off port Clinton for huge eyes,,.... J.O.S none for you
Aquaman.. I'll remember that next year! I got into some decent ones the trip I made out.. was a unbelievable time for sure!!!!

Offline jackie bushman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • swimmin' with the fishes
« Reply #781 on: Mar 21, 2015, 08:15 PM »
hey johnny on the spot come to angola so I can drop a ducer on your head how can u even post something like that bushman and big fish makn trail out of hamb tomorrow let me know in the am

Dave .. We're going .. Just I'm going to get there too early. Going to get there around 8:30-9:00 ..the rest of the crew is coming later as well. I just want to see how the weather is. If it's a no go, we're going east .. The inland lakes are in better shape. See you there.
Team Capt. Cuba Lake All-Stars .. It's like always being a man up everytime we hit the ice !
Mentor of many future Cuba Lake Legends

Offline spindiver

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #782 on: Mar 21, 2015, 08:31 PM »
Hey johnny onthe spot I need to piss on ya

Offline BIGFISH

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #783 on: Mar 21, 2015, 08:34 PM »
   this was our first fish we got in ohio on fri 2/27 9.5  was good time down there cant wait to go back down next year     bigfish   

Offline gonzo67

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #784 on: Mar 21, 2015, 08:57 PM »
I had a pretty good morning out off the catt today, 10 nice jumbo perch , lost 2 walleye at the hole , landed 2 walleye , 1 sea serpent ( mud puppy) & 2 gobys . 

Offline ratfink

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #785 on: Mar 21, 2015, 09:11 PM »
I had a pretty good morning out off the catt today, 10 nice jumbo perch , lost 2 walleye at the hole , landed 2 walleye , 1 sea serpent ( mud puppy) & 2 gobys .

Were you on the right side of the crack?

Offline Frankie Bags

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #786 on: Mar 21, 2015, 09:41 PM »
Dumb? Stupid? No common sense? Morons........ 
Yep my wife called me pretty much all of the above. Obviously not the best decision I've ever made. However, it could have been a lot worse if it wasn't for all of those that stayed and made sure everyone was safely across the gap between ice sheets. Especially the group with 4 wheelers who guided us walkers to the safest crossing. Everything happened so quickly out there. Thank goodness there were a lot of experienced, quick thinkers to help out. I wouldn't call any of them Morons. But that's me...I saw what they did and how they went about it.

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #787 on: Mar 21, 2015, 09:56 PM »
Thinking about giving it a try again tomorrow but I am fishing solo and would rather have someone with me just in case so if there is a group that is going out in the am and does not mind 1 more guy pm me thanks

You better read the above post and also read the Erie thread on the reports and conditions page.  There was major ice problems today.

Offline gonzo67

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #788 on: Mar 21, 2015, 10:31 PM »
Yeah steelhead , don't think the volunteer fireman out there in sunset would appreciate you heading out there tomorrow. When we left today they were bringing their hovercraft out to go out after the 1 shelter still out after  we all got in. They didn't look to happy with all of us .

Offline steelheadman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #789 on: Mar 21, 2015, 10:35 PM »
I'm going to Chautauqua instead thanks they still got good ice perch are not as big but at least I will be alive to eat them

Offline 4426

• Team IceShanty Regular

Offline Chi

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Please Take Your Garbage Home
« Reply #791 on: Mar 22, 2015, 03:22 AM »
 :clap:
I'm going to Chautauqua instead thanks they still got good ice perch are not as big but at least I will be alive to eat them
:clap: I like that  ;D

Offline gumpy2

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's gator time...
« Reply #792 on: Mar 22, 2015, 07:46 AM »
Some of you guys kill me....but that's modern day society...blame everyone and everything for your own actions.  Gotta love when you blame the weather for your poor actions.....the wind ....LMAO.  For all the years experience you guys say you have you sure don't show it, nor have you learned anything.  These are the great lakes....WIND HAPPENS.   It happens on open water and it happens on ice.  We are going on the end of March.  The ice has been broken up on the western basin for a couple weeks now.....get a few gusts of wind....seems pretty obvious what is gong to happen.  I guess obvious to some but not to others.  You guys beat your chest as big risk takers then cry like girls when someone calls a spade a spade......

"Porkers??  You talkin' about porkers Mr. Hoopa?"

Offline jimski2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #793 on: Mar 22, 2015, 08:47 AM »
An icebreaker and tankers have traveled to Nanticoke harbor on the Canadian side all winter so the shoreline is not locked up and an east or south wind can open up our shoreline anytime. Also the southwest Ohio shoreline has opened up apt now so east winds can open big gaps now anywhere on the lake.
You can not take too many perch, unless you can not clean them, give them to your friends and neighbors to clean and cook. The more perch you take, the faster and bigger the rest  will grow. The walleyes and bass will survive from fry to fingerlings.

Offline Duke

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #794 on: Mar 22, 2015, 08:48 AM »
Some of you guys kill me....but that's modern day society...blame everyone and everything for your own actions.  Gotta love when you blame the weather for your poor actions.....the wind ....LMAO.  For all the years experience you guys say you have you sure don't show it, nor have you learned anything.  These are the great lakes....WIND HAPPENS.   It happens on open water and it happens on ice.  We are going on the end of March.  The ice has been broken up on the western basin for a couple weeks now.....get a few gusts of wind....seems pretty obvious what is gong to happen.  I guess obvious to some but not to others.  You guys beat your chest as big risk takers then cry like girls when someone calls a spade a spade......

X2

Offline stickbow70

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #795 on: Mar 22, 2015, 09:36 AM »
WOW! How about being thankful that no one was injuries or killed instead of chastising people for wanting to enjoy another trip to enjoy what we do?!?! Ice reports as late as Friday pm gave good reports so to blast people is absurd. Sorry, every dog has his day, and I hope you all get off the lake safely when the wind kicks up this summer. Or are we all morons? God bless and I hope you all had a great season.
C'mon, share some info. I do.

Offline CNY Fisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #796 on: Mar 22, 2015, 09:40 AM »

WOW! How about being thankful that no one was injuries or killed instead of chastising people for wanting to enjoy another trip to enjoy what we do?!?! Ice reports as late as Friday pm gave good reports so to blast people is absurd. Sorry, every dog has his day, and I hope you all get off the lake safely when the wind kicks up this summer. Or are we all morons? God bless and I hope you all had a great season.

[/x2size]

Stickbow70 you nailed it!!!
Retired U.S. Navy Senior Chief

Offline d_balm24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #797 on: Mar 22, 2015, 10:03 AM »
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :bow: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
By the way ice fishing ISN'T safe. You are taking a small risk EVERY TIME you go.  PERFECTLY said stickbow

Offline ratfink

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #798 on: Mar 22, 2015, 11:46 AM »
7 trucks and trailers at Hamburg. Anyone out of sturgeon today?

Offline Cowboy43

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #799 on: Mar 22, 2015, 11:50 AM »
I posted about 5 days ago that I am hanging it up for the season because of the conditions, thats just me, I have heard of no deaths this year on Erie and lots of guys helping others, as tough a year it was we are all still here for next, cracks open up that's what ice does, you are fishing on the big boys pond you should always suspect and prepare for changing conditions out there.  This name calling is BS, things are going to happen to all us out there that make others scratch their heads. Got to love Arm Chair Quarterbacks.

Take it easy and watch my video I made if you have not already and dream about next year.
o66Jw

Offline fishinjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • What doesnt kill a man makes him stronger
« Reply #800 on: Mar 22, 2015, 04:29 PM »
Cowboy, that is one sweet video man!! You captured some super seriously sweet pictures!!! Thanks for sharing!

Offline aquaman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • This is what we do and when we do it.
« Reply #801 on: Mar 22, 2015, 07:36 PM »
Yah well when they stop allowing people to ice fish on the open lake we will see who's b***hin.. don't think it's possible? I laugh at you. And look at the sat images.... then define a person who would go with a better term...
heh heh   here it comes johnny... wait for it...wait
I remember  EVERY DAY  I Hunted or Fished, .......The other days I...uh....umm.....must a did somethin, else.

Offline jackie bushman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #802 on: Mar 22, 2015, 08:06 PM »
heh heh   here it comes johnny... wait for it...wait

We waited for him .. He didn't show up?? Do you think he'll check in or has he changed his screen name and started over again? This is gonna hurt ... We were some of the vehicles at Hamburg today. We also had an otter come up on us from all those logs along the ice edge. If I hadn't seen it myself, I wouldn't have believed it.
Team Capt. Cuba Lake All-Stars .. It's like always being a man up everytime we hit the ice !

Offline BIGFISH

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #803 on: Mar 22, 2015, 08:07 PM »
here you go johnny    lake Erie baby  fishing today was awesome late ice fishing at its best    BIGFISH  AQUAMAN  JACKIE BUSHMAN PERCH 28 PUT A HURTING ON THE PERCH TODAY ON 20 IN OF ICE   THE DUMB STUIPD AND THE MORONS WERE ON SAFE ICE TODAY   :clap: :clap:   

Offline aquaman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • This is what we do and when we do it.
« Reply #804 on: Mar 22, 2015, 09:09 PM »
Fish were hitting meat crappie rigs, Raps with eyes and chartreuse Swede jigs. Early and late.. no idea where they where from 10-2   too cold and windy to search really pounded the Swede jigs late
I remember  EVERY DAY  I Hunted or Fished, .......The other days I...uh....umm.....must a did somethin, else.

Offline pikemaster0607

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • when in doubt go ice fishing
« Reply #805 on: Mar 22, 2015, 09:28 PM »
If anyone wants to go for one last run. Looking to go tuesday
ice fishing for life

Offline Jigger Don

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #806 on: Mar 22, 2015, 09:33 PM »
Nice job guys hope to get out one more time with u guys if not been a good season already  thinkin about next years Ohio trip  !!!

Offline pikemaster0607

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • when in doubt go ice fishing
« Reply #807 on: Mar 22, 2015, 10:03 PM »
I'm in for ohio next year
ice fishing for life

Offline jackie bushman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #808 on: Mar 22, 2015, 10:08 PM »
I'm in for ohio next year

Look up Maumee River .. The fish started showing up this week. Casting body baits.  10 days from now should be hot !??!

Offline gonzo67

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #809 on: Mar 23, 2015, 07:59 AM »
Nice catch boys , lol love the comments.  Hey Johnny I drove over the skyway to get to work today, if it collapsed when I was up there would you call me an idiot for being up there when it fell?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.