Author Topic: Montpelier reservoir ?  (Read 962 times)

Offline trfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish On
Montpelier reservoir ?
« on: Dec 29, 2014, 09:55 AM »
Hello.    Have  any of you fellow ice fishermen been up to Montpelier reservoir recently ice fishing?      I'm excited to get my kids up to catch some perch.    Any information would be great.  It's been crazy weather this year so far.  I'm hoping to get the kids on the ice up there soon

Thank you and have a great ice fishing season
Love to Fish and make Soft Plastic baits<br /><br />Just doesnt get any better than catching fish off your own panfish/ trout baits   from tubes, curly tails, and small baits catching fish of any species

Offline IrishnId

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Montpelier reservoir ?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2014, 10:33 AM »
There was a Facebook post a couple days ago saying there was 6 inches. Heading over today or tomorrow.

Offline TAIL-CHASER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2014, 11:48 AM »
Hit it on Saturday it was -12 when I got there at 8. Ice was 8 inches thick. Trying for kokes with no luck. I fought 1 nice brown around 16" and one small one around 10". A lot of little perch and a coupple decent ones around 8". It was nice to finally get out on the ice and try my new Jawjackers out. They even worked on the small perch there but most of the fish were caught off of my jigging rig.

Offline trfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish On
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2014, 12:57 PM »
Hey thanks a lot guys for the info I really appreciate it. I'll let you know how I do when I get up there.   How deep was the snow getting in there. Can you drive down and park on the bottom of the ramp    Thanks again @)
Love to Fish and make Soft Plastic baits<br /><br />Just doesnt get any better than catching fish off your own panfish/ trout baits   from tubes, curly tails, and small baits catching fish of any species

Offline TAIL-CHASER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 29, 2014, 01:17 PM »
The snow was not too bad on Saturday. I am not sure how much they got on Sunday. I got 10" at my house but it was a spotty storm and I am an hour away. They do a good job of keeping the road open so you can drive up there. You can not drive down to the ramp there is a large burm from the plow and too much snow. The snow was starting to get packed on the ramp and coming out was not too bad.

Offline trfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish On
« Reply #5 on: Dec 29, 2014, 08:25 PM »
Thanks tail chaser that helps me out a lot I apperciate all the info.  It's been crazy weather this year now winter is finally showing up

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.