Author Topic: Need lighter weight bibs  (Read 1169 times)

Offline mike1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Need lighter weight bibs
« on: Dec 27, 2014, 04:01 PM »
I've been wearing snowmobile bibs forever, but I'm finding it harder to move around in them, too stiff and heavy, I don't walk well and I'm looking for something lighter and not so stiff, it's also important to have well padded knees and zippers that go all the way up the leg.  I was able to try on a pair of Striker Predators,  WAY too heavy!  I've seen some deals on Clam extreme, anyone have experience with these? THANKS!

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
Re: Need lighter weight bibs
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2014, 04:08 PM »
I've been wearing snowmobile bibs forever, but I'm finding it harder to move around in them, too stiff and heavy, I don't walk well and I'm looking for something lighter and not so stiff, it's also important to have well padded knees and zippers that go all the way up the leg.  I was able to try on a pair of Striker Predators,  WAY too heavy!  I've seen some deals on Clam extreme, anyone have experience with these? THANKS!
                   Way too heavy?? That's the first time I heard that on the striker bibs, they do zip all the way up though!

Offline delawareriver

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2014, 12:42 PM »
I got A pair of cabelas guide wear bibs I found in the bargain cave for dirt cheap. Perfect light weight bibs. I wear them a lot for fishing in the fall, winter, early spring. I did get cold on days below 20° but now I have a striker suit.

Offline mike1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2014, 07:55 AM »
Thanks!  I'll look at those, I'll keep my snowmachine pants for really cold weather and if we are snowmobiling in a long ways, but they are too much for walking, unfortunately Striker clothing does not fit me well,   

Offline 9huskies

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 29, 2014, 06:09 PM »
I wear the Cabela's Guidewear bibs 5 days a week working outside at a ski resort. I bought them 2 years ago at a big discount because they were the previous year's model. I was specifically looking for uninsulated Gore-Tex bibs and they were the best deal I could find. I have been very happy with them and have never felt like I needed anything more. I wear silkweight Patagonia Capilene for a base layer and Nike microfleece pants for a mid layer. I have doubled up on the mid layer on extremely cold days (-20 or colder) but it was not necessary. I have seen a few skiers wearing the same Guidewear and only one had anything negative to say about. His complaint:  "I wish I didn't buy the insulated version."
I'm not seeing any signs of wear on mine yet. In addition to work I wear them for most other winter outdoor activities except fishing or snowmobiling. I don't want to smell like fish or exhaust fumes at work.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.